Used 2008 Honda S2000 Consumer Reviews - 15 Car Reviews | Edmunds

Consumer Reviews

2008 Honda S2000

View reviews for a specific S2000 model:

As good as their motorcycles
By gene

2008 Honda S2000 CR 2dr Convertible w/AC, Audio (2.2L 4cyl 6M)

This car is a poor man's world class car. Fantastic handling, hard acceleration, and great build quality combine with bulletproof mechanicals to make what I feel to be the greatest package for the money. This car looks like it could cost twice what it does. I can park this car next to nearly anything else on the road and not feel in the slightest way inferior.

I love a roadster with an adequate trunk and the electric top is a nice touch compared to my Toyota mr2.

A little more legroom, I'm 6-2 and fit as snugly as possible while still being reasonably comfortable.

kind of project car
By brandon m

2008 Honda S2000 CR 2dr Convertible w/AC, Audio (2.2L 4cyl 6M)

I love my car. it is wonderful. It's quick but want it quicker. The steering is wonderful. Takes turns well.

The suede seats. And the slick body style. It feels good to drive

It might need to be a little bit lighter than it is

The Best Roadster
By Will

2008 Honda S2000 2dr Convertible (2.2L 4cyl 6M)

My Honda S2000 is worth every dollar that I spent. The S2000 is a true roadster from the ground up. I like to feel the roadway that I am driving on, that is the purpose of owning a roadster. The amazing feature of the S2000 is the driving compartment it holds you in place in cornering and accelerating. I like the design of the controls they are all within the reach of my fingertips. The VTECH engine is a powerhouse coupled with the smoothest gearbox that I ever shifted. The S2000 is a fantastic performing vehicle. The S2000 is a Roadster in a class of its own. Honda needs to continue to manufacture the S2000 for the roadster enthusiasts. This car is the average person’s dream for a high per

Power Train; VTEC Engine, Gearbox shifting, fantastic suspension.

Enhance sound system, Convertible with a retractable hardtop feature.

My Upgrade
By blafusel

2008 Honda S2000 2dr Convertible (2.2L 4cyl 6M)

Worth every penny! It's probably not for everyone as the ride is a bit on the harsh side. Actually harsher than my Miata (but that's probably due to the Honda feeling stiffer overall). However, the payoff comes in the first corner you take! The engine is amazing. The sound is unbelievable. The best gearbox I've ever driven. All in all I'm very happy with it, but might've liked a variable suspension setup to soften the ride a bit in town. (I'm getting old 8)

Engine. Suspension setup. 50/50 balance.

Paddle shifters, better head unit and better speakers. Ability to close the top while driving (speed limited, like in Europe).

No Regrets!
By rcman

2008 Honda S2000 2dr Convertible (2.2L 4cyl 6M)

Drove the Z4, 350Z, Boxster S, Miata, and Sky redline. Went with S2000. Best car decision I've ever made. Loads of fun to drive. Very comfortable even on a 3-hr trip. Excellent build quality. Very usable trunk (w/spare). Top notch handling and accleration. I don't see any problems with lack of low end torque. You get two cars in one: Shift at <6k and it's a tame roadster, shift at 8k and it's a road hungry beast. Gets lots of attention (esp w/top down). I look for every opportunity to drive it. It's my daily driver and couldn't be happier.

The engine sound (intoxicating), seat comfort, ergonomics of controls, fast top, handling, and most of all- the best shifter in the industry

Remove need to have E-brake on to raise/lower top, better stereo.