Used 2007 Honda S2000 Consumer Reviews - 40 Car Reviews | Edmunds

Consumer Reviews

2007 Honda S2000

Base 2.2L 4-cyl. 6-speed Manual - (40 reviews )

Quality drivers car, bang for the buck!
By DJ

2007 Honda S2000 2dr Convertible (2.2L 4cyl 6M)

Have only owned the roadster for a week but have researched for years being an enthusiast of this gem. Why pay $20- $30,000 more for a name like Porsche or Bimmer when you only get the cache' and moreover, major league repair costs. Driving behavior was better than expected with the point and squirt steering which is as predictable as you will find. Power is as well better than expected. The torque at lower RPM in V 2.2 was desperately needed and now that has been addressed. 8 model years and still going strong. Not many cars are produced this long and still sell like hot cakes. CR version would likely be my next car.

Gawkers! Not many S2K's around here so it definitely does garner lots of attention. Gearbox is silky smooth and acceleration is excellent. The aluminum hood is as light as a feather. The driver's controls are all inches away from the steering wheel. This is a 2 seater Go-Kart with a livable chassis.

The stereo is a complete joke for a $58,000 Ca. car. If the top is down you might as well turn it off on the highways. Cup holders? This has cup holder? No they aren't Honda, nice try though. You have no shifting privileges if you drink and drive, if you own one you know what I mean!

Great Car but a word of warning
By Airmaster

2007 Honda S2000 2dr Convertible (2.2L 4cyl 6M)

Have had the car for nearly a year now, and the driving experience has been great. BUT now for the warning. The S2000's seats (and parts, for that matter) are hot parts with young kids souping up their little cars. My car was completely stripped; seats, steering wheel, radio, airbags, and carpet, right in front of my own house. If you are to purchase this car, make sure you have a garage or a very good aftermarket alarm. If not, stay clear of the car. I now have an alarm, but I still have that fear of someone stripping it again.

It takes corners amazingly well, and that 6 speed stick is so much fun to use. The 6th "overdrive" gear is great for cruising at any speed over 45 MPH, and it allows the car to return good mileage. It took a while for the car to become broken in, but ever since, it has returned 24 MPG on each tank.

There is plenty of comfort for me, but larger people always complain. Maybe install some kind of feature to make it harder to steal the seats, steering wheel, etc. Nav option?

all positive
By Otterman

2007 Honda S2000 2dr Convertible (2.2L 4cyl 6M)

I've owned "lil red" for 3 months. This is the first sports/performance car I've owned so I can offer no comparisons, but can say I have no disappointments. Very impressed with the build quality and I see no flaws in performance. This car is equally at home cruising downtown or screaming through the hills, and it never gets finicky, just purrs along ready for anything. Hitting vtec is nice, esp if you have some room to play. 8k rpm = 70 mph in 3rd, and you still have 3 more gears! Steering is very linear, suspension is firm but not punishing. This car makes no mistakes but will certainly point out yours :) if you like sports cars you'll probably love it.

it's all good

factory radio doesn't play mp3's?!

Major Oversteer Problem
By KW

2007 Honda S2000 2dr Convertible (2.2L 4cyl 6M)

I have lusted over the Honda S2000 ever since it arrived on the scene. I have had a '91 Alfa Romeo Spider Veloce and a '96 Mazda Miata. I love my new convertible except on the freeway. Driving above 60 mph scares me and I feel like I'm going to lose control of the vehicle around freeway bends. There is major fish-tailing involved and I oftentimes struggle to regain control of the vehicle if I am driving anywhere over 60 mph. In Texas, driving less than 70 mph on the freeway is a death- sentence.

Despite no design changes since it was first introduced, I still love the way the S2000 looks inside and out. I also love the power convertible top--it goes up and down very quickly.

I am 5'2" and my knee hits the lower dash despite having the seat almost all the way back. It could also stand to have standard satellite radio and better radio controls as well. Hard to see out of with the top up. Very poor cup holders. Also harder to get in and out of than my other 2 convertibles.

Great car, just get seat locks!
By BRIJAN81

2007 Honda S2000 2dr Convertible (2.2L 4cyl 6M)

Had this car for 2 months loved it, it's a true roadster convertible. A real Honda enthusiast's car. I miss it. See, some thugs ripped my top and stole the seats out of my car. Took 3 weeks to order them from Japan (they come in pieces) and couldn't drive it for 3 weeks! Worst of all it happened in front of my house. So I had to get rid of it. I regret it. But couldn't deal with the stress of getting up every day and possibly dealing with this happen again. If you get one. Please get seat locks, and a really good factory alarm, it will save you a huge head ache like I wish I had avoided.

Top down gorgeous! Hot, sexy roadster, reliable (and everybody knows that) kinda rare. Rev happy, top down is quick.

Bad blind spot, seats can be removed easily. Seats barely recline