Used 2006 Honda S2000 Consumer Reviews - 74 Car Reviews | Edmunds

Consumer Reviews

2006 Honda S2000

Base 2.2L 4-cyl. 6-speed Manual - (74 reviews )

'06 S2000, RED
By Kat

2006 Honda S2000 2dr Convertible (2.2L 4cyl 6M)

I am loving this car! I only wish it had a better place to put my coffee. A real attention getter, and performance is outstanding!

The window between the seats is great.

Move mirror controls. A a fold out cup holder (maybe in the lower console of passengers side)

2006 Honda S2000
By Eric K.

2006 Honda S2000 2dr Convertible (2.2L 4cyl 6M)

About the only thing on the car that anyone can complain about is storage space. When moving from another vehicle to this one, the trunk space and interior cabin storage space seems minuscule, but after owning it for a while, you get used to it and it doesn't seem nearly as small. You won't be moving any large boxes, but it'll do for most road trips

The styling and color of the car are some of my favorite aspects, but the handling and power makes the car more than just a looker.

What's there to improve? Maybe a factory option for an integrated nav system, as the Japanese versions have. A nav system would make just hopping in the car and going on a spontaneous road trip a lot easier.

Really Disappointed
By Junk

2006 Honda S2000 2dr Convertible (2.2L 4cyl 6M)

I had been dying to get an S2000 since they came out. I have had mine for 6 months and am trading it in. It keeps blowing the radio/cell phone charger fuse, which I find REALLY disappointing in a Honda. It IS fun to drive...for about 10 minutes. The ride is stiff, the mileage is horrible for a 4-cyl, about 21 mpg (hwy) and it definitely isn't as fast as I thought it would be for a 240 hp. I hate to be so negative, but I am really disappointed in not only the car, but the Honda brand. I had a Civic for 7 years and was delighted with it. Two thumbs down for the S2k. If you're considering the S2000, test drive the BMW Z series first...I wish I would have.

Great styling, Engine Start Button, Digital Dash.

Improved mileage, less stiff ride.

The Honda with Two Personalities
By Aaron

2006 Honda S2000 2dr Convertible (2.2L 4cyl 6M)

The Honda S2000 has been my favorite car that I have owned. I have had sports cars in the past, but none have been so rewarding as the S2000. Around town it does great on fuel economy with a combined 24 mpg! The engine is nice below 6000 rpms, but above that it is mean and it comes to life! An animal if you will. It has the best gearbox in the world, flick the shifter with your finger. Its like cutting warm butter with a knife, it is so precise! Handles the hell of the road! My Corvette felt so bulky and the shifter heavy. It was an okay car, but I heard about the S2000 from a friend and Im so glad I purchased it! Very rewarding car that wants you to revv the heck outta it! BUY IT!

Never had mechanical problems, very reliable, always get looks around town, revv happy engine, beautiful styling, amazing chassis, great fuel economy, best gearbox in the world no joke! Great value! And the list goes on and on.

Little bit snug and small but Ive gotten used to it. Dont drive during winter!

06 S2K
By Bill

2006 Honda S2000 2dr Convertible (2.2L 4cyl 6M)

This car is a work of art. Performance and handling is at its best, gear box is superb, and the gas mileage is much better than expected (averages around 27 mpg). Best bang for the buck. Car is noisy but no more than any of the other roadsters I've driven. Every day street driving is fine but will show plenty of muscle. No problems to date and with Honda's quality reputation, I don't expect any issues. Interior layout is not fancy but very simple yet more than adequate...it is perfect for a roadster. Although small, trunk space is much more functional than other competitors. Fits two sets of golf clubs. Anyone considering a Roadster around $30K or less should take a hard look at the S2K.

Fun factor. Simple intrument panel and interior.

More interior storage areas.