Used 2005 Honda S2000 Consumer Reviews - 122 Car Reviews | Edmunds

Consumer Reviews

2005 Honda S2000

Base 2.2L 4-cyl. 6-speed Manual - (122 reviews )

A Fun Car
By Gary Strong

2005 Honda S2000 2dr Roadster (2.2L 4cyl 6M)

This is the most enjoyable car I have ever owned. Being 60, I have owned plenty. The car goes through a transformation as you increase the RPM's. It transforms, around 5000 rpms, into a true sports machine, with lots of power and excellent control.

The top-down look is very stylish unlike many other baby-boomer roadsters of this class.

None. Just keep making them.

S2000
By Chris

2005 Honda S2000 2dr Roadster (2.2L 4cyl 6M)

This is an exceptional car. It handles like a true sports car should. The build quality is flawless.

The wonderful high revving engine and slick 6 speed gearbox.

Could use more interior storage space. But hey the car is so much fun to drive it is easy to overlook any shortcomings.

Love my S2000
By TMac

2005 Honda S2000 2dr Roadster (2.2L 4cyl 6M)

I've had my S2000 for almost a year now and love almost everything about the car. I'm a huge fan of Honda and this car is a total thrill! The design is great and performance is even better. Everytime I get in my car, I'm excited to drive! I was initially concerned about the hassle of a 6-speed, but the shifting is virtually effortless. To top it off, I can actually fit my golf clubs in the trunk!

240 HP, 17" Wheels, Start Engine Button, Xenon Headlights

Weak Speakers, Excessive Noise w/ Top Up, Very Limited Cabin Storage, No Standard Alarm System

Fun Car
By jeff geiman

2005 Honda S2000 2dr Roadster (2.2L 4cyl 6M)

After drooling for 5 years and thinking how impractical the car is, I went ahead and bought one. Driving has been fun ever since, my commute became my race track, specially the ramps getting on the interstate. The ride is hard, but it's a sportscar what did you expect. My only criticism is low rpm power, I'd like to get out of the hole quicker, not burn rubber, but have more of a gas pedal response as soon as I apply foot power to the gas pedal, top end it really revs, I'd just like more guts at the lower end. It's a bit noisy when traveling the freeway, radio is a bit hard to hear, but these are small sacrifices for styling and handling.

FunCar
By KenO

2005 Honda S2000 2dr Roadster (2.2L 4cyl 6M)

Great classic look. Just plain fun sports car- no frills. Great handling and wonderful shifting.

Great classic looks.

Smoother second gear. To keep up with the Jones, need larger engine, although 2.2liter, 240Hp is fun enough.