Used 2005 Honda S2000 Consumer Reviews - 122 Car Reviews | Edmunds

Consumer Reviews

2005 Honda S2000

Base 2.2L 4-cyl. 6-speed Manual - (122 reviews )

Great Car
By ARN

2005 Honda S2000 2dr Roadster (2.2L 4cyl 6M)

I have had the S2000 for more than 2 years. Works great, fun to drive especially with the convertible top down. My wish list is that the door would open wider and an outside temperature gauge (I've heard the newer model does have the temperature guage). A bit tight but all and all I would buy another.

High rev engine. Lots of pep especially at RPM over 5000. Easy to use convertible top.

Have the doors open wider. Can be a bit hard to get out.

Better than a Miata
By Phil Hoilien

2005 Honda S2000 2dr Roadster (2.2L 4cyl 6M)

Owned two Miatas before the S2000. Great leg room, better performance, better detail, fit & finish.

When @ 6200 rpm, hang on!

A treat!
By Ursula

2005 Honda S2000 2dr Roadster (2.2L 4cyl 6M)

I purchased this car after a drunk driver demolished my sensible four door sedan and it was a treat. The car handles beautifully and heads always turn when I drive it through DC with the top down. It is fun to drive, and leaving work with the top down always puts me in a great mood by the time I get home. The only improvement would be the interior - it isn't set up very well and sometimes you can feel cramped.

The bright red paint!

Better storage i.e. under dash storage and more leg room.

S2000
By Pate

2005 Honda S2000 2dr Roadster (2.2L 4cyl 6M)

I love the car, it's a second car for myself and my husband. It's a fun car to drive. The only problems I have experienced so far are a few stalls after starting it up on a cold/frosty morning. And there is a problem with the stereo cutting out for and coming back on of it's own accord a few minutes later. We had it checked and they did not find any problems...

Handling & Speed

Bullet Train
By gardnpc

2005 Honda S2000 2dr Roadster (2.2L 4cyl 6M)

This thing corners like it's on rails. It's also bullet-proof. I've got over 11,000 miles on it and not a thing to go wrong. Have averaged about 25 mpg driving aggressively. Not much low end torque, but once you get north of 3,000 rpm, and especially when you V-tech the engine, it's a wonderful thing. Highly recommended. The metaphor I like to use is it's a precision scalpel compared to a butter knife. Get the New Formula Red, it sears the retinas.

Reliability!