Used 2005 Honda S2000 Convertible Consumer Reviews - 122 Car Reviews | Edmunds

Consumer Reviews

2005 Honda S2000 Convertible

Base 2.2L 4-cyl. 6-speed Manual - (122 reviews )

Simply Outstanding
By George Liapis

2005 Honda S2000 Convertible 2dr Roadster (2.2L 4cyl 6M)

I have owned many automobiles in my life time, but none like my S2000. The novelty still has not worn off. Everytime I get behind the wheel I feel like it's the first time I'm driving it. The comfort is great and the response to acceleration is dramatic. My gas mileage is 25MPG, which is incredible for a vehicle like this. This is truley a "keeper", and if your in the market for an outstanding roadster you will not be dissapointed. I can't see spending the money for a Porsche, when you can get the same or better thrill with the S2000. Keep it up Honda, you'll always be a winner in my book, as you have for the last 12 years of owning your products!

Radio, CD, temp controls are all at your fingertips. Also the lines of the vehicle.

It's very difficult to get into the glove compartment between the seats. I would like to see an improvement there.

A car enthusiast's car!
By CUL8ER

2005 Honda S2000 Convertible 2dr Roadster (2.2L 4cyl 6M)

I traded in my 2002 BMW 330I with only 6K miles 4 this car. I was really nervous at 1st because I loved the BMW but I am so glad I did. This car is so much fun to drive and it is so cool looking (I am 50 years old). You will not believe how many people stop to look at the car. Most do not even know what it is because there r so few of them. I had a man pull up next to me that said he was a Jag/Porch/MB saleman and wanted to know if it was an Italian sports car. I have joined S2K clubs and autocross events and am having a blast with this car. U will learn what v-tec is all about. I must warn u that it is easy to add aftermarket parts to customize this car and it gets addictive. Love it!!!

Looks, performance, looks, performance, looks, performance, fun to drive, v-tect, oh and let me add looks and performance.

Nothing the aftermarket world can not handle.

Honda 05 S2000
By Simon

2005 Honda S2000 Convertible 2dr Roadster (2.2L 4cyl 6M)

From car fanatic and previous owner of numerous sports cars, nothing comes close to the thrill ride of the S2000, unless you're willing and able to spend 50k or more. This is a car you must learn how to drive to appreciate it's performance ability. It will stir your power-pursuing soul and defy gravity with every crooked country road. Audio is poor, but I would rather listen to the engine and exhaust note of this formula 1 bred sibling, depending on how hard you want to push it. And it likes to be pushed. Lack of low end torque is not an issue, once you become one with Vtech. I have owned 5 new Honda products over the last 10 yrs, all have been great. I'm always being asked, what is this?

Slot car stability, great grip and acceleration, seeing Mustangs GT and Nissan 350Z, BMWz3,and older Boxters. in rearview.Build quality, Best entertainment for the dollar. People always wanting to know what kind of car is that? All controls are at your finger tips. Quick up and down electric top.

Audio, needs more power, better speakers, iPod connection, MP3 playback, cut off switch for passenger airbag, bigger cup holder, gauges, wider rear fenders to match up with front. Splash guards, had to make my own. Fog light, another cubic ft of trunk space. Chrome luggage rack, glove box. Seat heater

Most Fun I've Ever Had Driving
By Bob

2005 Honda S2000 Convertible 2dr Roadster (2.2L 4cyl 6M)

Been driving for 52 years and never had so much fun in my life! I LOVE this car. Don't see many of them on the road and that's kinda fun to have sort of an exclusive. The handling is unbelievable, except on wet or even cold (Wisconsin) roads unless you back off on the aggessiveness. Had to buy a winter car. :-( A few interior amenities would be nice: outside air temp; lighted visor mirror; cup holder, maybe? Boot looks great on, but a real hassle to install; never use it. That's something that could really use improvement. Top operation is a breeze (no pun intended) and great fun to drive around with it down. I get lots of great comments. This car is super therapy for one's psyche.

Styling; handling; top operation; pep; reliability (NO service work required in a year and a half and 10,000 miles). Trunk space for a true sports car is amazingly generous.

Easy on/off boot; interior amenities: see report.

Potent Rocket
By DG Fortner

2005 Honda S2000 Convertible 2dr Roadster (2.2L 4cyl 6M)

I have owned a few sports cars over the years but without a doubt the S2000 offers more excitement than any of the others. I've driven corvettes, the new 350Z, and various other sports cars but none compare with the pure adrenaline rush on a winding country back road that the "S" produces. I look forward to and look for excuses to drive my S2000. I find myself taking the S2000 to the grocery store when one of my other cars or my SUV would certainly be more appropriate. No matter what other cars I buy, my S2000 will remain in my collection (more than likely as my favorite).

VTEC. Tight steering. 6 Spd. Top down.

None.