Used 2004 Honda S2000 Consumer Reviews - 200 Car Reviews | Edmunds

Consumer Reviews

2004 Honda S2000

Base 2.2L 4-cyl. 6-speed Manual - (200 reviews )

Love my little red sport car
By claude from florida

2004 Honda S2000 2dr Roadster (2.2L 4cyl 6M)

Fell in love when I saw it in the showroom, love has not stopped, it's an attention getter, performs like a regular car when you want and it's like a bat coming out of hell when you want it to be one. Truly a great car. My seat where stolen once, desirable item I guess.

04 S2000 review
By Richard Rafter

2004 Honda S2000 2dr Roadster (2.2L 4cyl 6M)

Quick, fun to drive, never had a mechanical problem. More “nice car” comments from other people than I have had for any car I have ever owned.

Good looks and very quick for a 4 cylinder. The car turns heads.

More storage space. bigger trunk.

Great car that few know about. Shoosh!
By RRS2000

2004 Honda S2000 2dr Roadster (2.2L 4cyl 6M)

I've had this car for only two months and it's been nothing but fun. Few people know what it is, and the styling gets a lot of comments. With its low production, it stays under the radar. Great acceleration and handling, with every control within reach. Top goes down in five seconds with ease. It's no wonder that it has the highest residual value after three years.

Styling, acceleration, handling, top operation.

A little less road noise would be nice but it's not bad as it is.

I Love My Baby
By Marc

2004 Honda S2000 2dr Roadster (2.2L 4cyl 6M)

The S2000 is a great car, if it's what you're looking for. I get people all the time that ask me what kind of car it is, and about its stats. These things are very rare, which I love as Mustangs and Z4's are a dime a dozen. It's a true roadster that's best with the top down on an open road. Long highway trips can be tiring when cruising in 6gear with the engin humming around 4k rpm's for hours. I highly recommend test driving this beast as well as the compitition to truly get a feeling of what it's about. I bought mine as a welcome back to America present after being deployed to Iraq, and did several months of research before purchasing. You should do the same.

Short throw 6-speed manual, tight seats, great handling with very little body roll, enough room for me and my lady only, a small yet soulfull car. Always get a lot of looks while driving my red bullet around with the top down.

available supercharger or turbo charger. Aftermarket supercharges push these to around 350hp. who wouldn't want to shell out 4 or 5k (the then price of a new Z4) for an extra 100hp/torque? With the NSX gone what are the chances to throw it's v6 VTEC engine in a limited production model?

S2000 It's all you need!
By maxfior

2004 Honda S2000 2dr Roadster (2.2L 4cyl 6M)

As with most on this site, I've been working toward this car for about 4 years and I finally got it. It was used, but still under warranty and had low miles. This is BY far the most fun car to drive. There are not too many cars out there that can give you the feeling that this car can. Ask any other S2000 owner and you'll see what I mean. Things to watch for are paint chips, rear tire wear and nasty break dust in the front. I've had very good luck with GoodYear F1 tires, good wet control with plenty of dry grip. I wouldn't trade this car for anything. Many people look at me and ask what sort of car this is... Drop the top, find a nice twisty road and blast!

Hands down best transmission, the 6- speed is so, so smooth and positive. VTEC kick is like no other honda I've been in. Feels like a mini CBR motorcycle. Build quality is tipical Honda, the BEST, period. Top goes up and down with out an issue. Great looks and it's easy to clean. Decent miliage.

It would be nice if 6th gear was a little taller, I'd like to cruise on the freeway with the motor at a lower RPM then 3.5k or higher. Better speakers, head unit is very decent but would be cool if it played MP3's stock. 2-3 more gallon tank would allow for more range. Can't think of anything else.