Used 2001 Honda S2000 Consumer Reviews - 62 Car Reviews | Edmunds

Consumer Reviews

2001 Honda S2000

Base 2.0L 4-cyl. 6-speed Manual - (62 reviews )

Absolute Perfection
By Sean

2001 Honda S2000 2dr Roadster (2.0L 4cyl 6M)

This car is precisely in spirit of what Ferdinand Porsche had in mind when he designed the 911. Unfortunately German manufactures turned to more profitable manufacturing schemes and lost the true passion of a sports car. This car is 100% designed for drivers who are passionate about driving and wouldn't use navigation even if it was a free option. Many owners complain about low end power, although I agree with Honda's design of this engine completely. People that just want a car to look good in and occasionally drive moderately hard should buy a boxer. Very true this car rides hard and is loud but that is because it isn't over engineered for people who really don't like driving to begin with

There is absolutely nothing I don't love about this car. I hit 9000 RPM every time I drive it and it never gets old. I wouldn't even consider buying this car with the 2.2. True sports car and not some luxury sorts car inbreed.

Should come with a handkerchief to wipe the tears of joy from your eyes. Everyone wants more power but it would ruin the balance of the car. I'd lose the AC, cruise control and power top.

Not pracitcal, but FUN!
By mikeandterri

2001 Honda S2000 2dr Roadster (2.0L 4cyl 6M)

I bought my 2001 S2000 with 5K miles on it. It was too impractical for the previous owner. Since I only drive it to work and back, practicality is not an issue. In fact, the S2000 makes my 30-45 minute commute fun, everyday except when it's snowing. Acceleration is awesome, top goes up and down in seconds (important for the surprise thunderstorm), handling is superb. The interior is quite cramped, and not recommended for someone 6 feet or taller. I'm 5'10" and fit fine, although getting in and out with the top up requires some agility. The stock stereo system in poor, and if you upgrade you lose the remote control functions on the dash. So I just upgraded the speakers.

Acceleration and handling.

Better stereo.

Great fun
By Stef

2001 Honda S2000 2dr Roadster (2.0L 4cyl 6M)

I have had my S2000 for 5 years now and I am totally satisfied. It's a fun car for the right price. No need for a Porsche. Drives like a pussycat or can punch it when you need to. Highly recommend for those who want one.

Look and feel of a speedster

Treat yourself...
By Jae_Rex

2001 Honda S2000 2dr Roadster (2.0L 4cyl 6M)

I bought this car used in the Fall of 2005 with 31,000 miles. I was driving a Acura GS-R at the time, and I always loved the performance and reliability that Honda had to offer. The next natural step was the S2000. I thought why not treat myself? Young, single, and when would I be able to buy a car like this again? I test drove it, and made the plunge. I was sold! I love the driving experience, and I always get compliments from people who have never seen the car. They can't believe it's a Honda! It is an affordable exotic, without the "exotic" car headaches and maintenance nightmares.

The 9K redline and "pure" sports car feel. I love the seats and the push button start.

The rear plastic window is a minus, and a glove compartment on the passenger side would be nice.

True Sports Car
By Lehel

2001 Honda S2000 2dr Roadster (2.0L 4cyl 6M)

This is a true sports car. It has a firm suspension, good amount of power and excellent power.

Offer manual options (lock, windows, soft top) for weight savings. Make the new engines rev up to at least 9000 rpms.