2018 Honda Ridgeline Consumer Reviews - 64 Car Reviews | Edmunds

2018 Honda Ridgeline Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Ridgeline model:

Doughnut tire
By Jim Kramer

2018 Honda Ridgeline RTL-E 4dr Crew Cab AWD (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

Why would you want to own a “truck” like the Hond a Ridgeline with a doughnut tire offered as a spare tire? Envision your self in some of the Western states 100 miles from a major city with 80mph interstates with a 45mph spare supposedly only good for 50 miles. I had full intention of buying a Ridgeline until I learned this fact. I ended up with a Toyota Tacoma limited!

Ridgeline review
By Doug Gardner

2018 Honda Ridgeline RTL-T 4dr Crew Cab AWD (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

I’ve owned several trucks, using them around our horse farm and for hauling horses. We are getting out of the horse hauling business, so we were looking for a truck that could still do all the work around the farm without having to tow up to 10,000 lbs. we have been extremely impressed with the Ridgeline. From the engine/transmission to the layout and quality of the interior, this truck really sets itself apart. It drives like a quality SUV and is remarkably quiet. The tailgate swing option is something we didn’t anticipate using that much but we use it all the time - great feature.

New Honda Fan
By John C

2018 Honda Ridgeline RTL-E 4dr Crew Cab AWD (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

I have owned Chevrolet trucks in the past because I often need to go on soil timber roads. For the past 6 years I experimented with a Toyota RAV4 that had 4 wheel drive. I was not satisfied with the 4 wheel drive on it because it would not go some of the places that I needed to go. I decided to go with the Ridgeline with all wheel drive as I wanted to get back to a truck, but also wanted better gas mileage than a standard full sized 4X4 truck would give me. The Honda was a good compromise and the RTL-E is fully loaded with electronics that I find very useful on the highway. I have put 1200 miles on it in the past 3 weeks since I bought it. So far it was been a great truck and has handled every road well. I do not intend to test it or myself by going down extremely muddy or rutted roads.

Family Car thats a Truck
By Bob

2018 Honda Ridgeline RT 4dr Crew Cab (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

Its still a pickup truck.

I really like this truck
By D. Gaudenti

2018 Honda Ridgeline RTL-E 4dr Crew Cab AWD (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

I spent a lot of time researching this truck and others (and some SUVs and CUVs) before purchasing the Ridgeline. What I like the most about the truck is it's design, comfort, ease of driving and parking and the technology (especially the navigation). I was a little hesitant about purchasing the vehicle because I was used to driving a luxury sedan (Acura RL) which was significantly shorter and somewhat narrower than the truck. I drive a Dodge Dakota as my work truck and that is also shorter. Even though the Ridgeline is noticeably larger and I have to get used to that, it's so easy to drive it's not an issue. A couple things I would change when Honda refreshes the truck next year are the following: 1. Add a locking tailgate, 2. redo the rear doors so they open wider, 3. more responsive touch screen, 4. bring back volume and tuning knobs for the audio, 5. adjust the equalizer controls for the audio (sounds fairly muddy). That's all I can think of. Really enjoying this truck and I think I'll have it for quite some time.