2018 Honda Ridgeline Consumer Reviews - 62 Car Reviews | Edmunds

2018 Honda Ridgeline Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Ridgeline model:

New Honda Fan
By John C

2018 Honda Ridgeline RTL-E 4dr Crew Cab AWD (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

I have owned Chevrolet trucks in the past because I often need to go on soil timber roads. For the past 6 years I experimented with a Toyota RAV4 that had 4 wheel drive. I was not satisfied with the 4 wheel drive on it because it would not go some of the places that I needed to go. I decided to go with the Ridgeline with all wheel drive as I wanted to get back to a truck, but also wanted better gas mileage than a standard full sized 4X4 truck would give me. The Honda was a good compromise and the RTL-E is fully loaded with electronics that I find very useful on the highway. I have put 1200 miles on it in the past 3 weeks since I bought it. So far it was been a great truck and has handled every road well. I do not intend to test it or myself by going down extremely muddy or rutted roads.

Family Car thats a Truck
By Bob

2018 Honda Ridgeline RT 4dr Crew Cab (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

Its still a pickup truck.

I really like this truck
By D. Gaudenti

2018 Honda Ridgeline RTL-E 4dr Crew Cab AWD (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

I spent a lot of time researching this truck and others (and some SUVs and CUVs) before purchasing the Ridgeline. What I like the most about the truck is it's design, comfort, ease of driving and parking and the technology (especially the navigation). I was a little hesitant about purchasing the vehicle because I was used to driving a luxury sedan (Acura RL) which was significantly shorter and somewhat narrower than the truck. I drive a Dodge Dakota as my work truck and that is also shorter. Even though the Ridgeline is noticeably larger and I have to get used to that, it's so easy to drive it's not an issue. A couple things I would change when Honda refreshes the truck next year are the following: 1. Add a locking tailgate, 2. redo the rear doors so they open wider, 3. more responsive touch screen, 4. bring back volume and tuning knobs for the audio, 5. adjust the equalizer controls for the audio (sounds fairly muddy). That's all I can think of. Really enjoying this truck and I think I'll have it for quite some time.

Small and white, clean and bright.
By Connie Marion

2018 Honda Ridgeline RTL 4dr Crew Cab AWD (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

I agree with Edmonds over-all review. I owned a single cab 1999 F150 20 years, from her birth, gifting her to my son when I began having difficulty with right knee. I miss knobs. Accessing audio when driving is difficult, at any age. My five grown children agree this is a safety hazard. For a truck THE HORN IS PUNY! The rear doors do not open wide enough: difficulty with child/baby seats, much less getting the baby/child in the seat. The nook under the audio system controls should have a night light. I love the storage under the bed and two separate entries. I like that the rear seat can be raised. The leather seats are hard.

Do Not Buy!!!!!
By Jesse turner

2018 Honda Ridgeline RTL-T 4dr Crew Cab AWD (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

I purchased the 2018 Honda RTL-T ridgeline January 3rd, 2018. In one week my truck developed ice build up inside the cap less gas tank. The ice blockage caused the outer plastic flap to burst and had to be removed by utilizing a hairdryer and screwdriver, not to mention the inconvenience of not being able to fill up on gas. August 13th, 2018, driving to work I noticed the engines RPMs were fluctuating drastically up in the 7000rpms range and would not drop below 4000rpms, with pressing the accelerator. I was able to drive the truck to the local Honda dealership and was told I needed a new transmission. I was shocked to believe a Honda with 21,930 miles needed a new transmission. Disappointed to say the least. Also, my driver side window needed a replaced regulator to make the window function.