Used 2008 Honda Ridgeline Consumer Reviews - 104 Car Reviews | Edmunds

Consumer Reviews

2008 Honda Ridgeline

View reviews for a specific Ridgeline model:

Excellent decision to buy!
By Daniel

2008 Honda Ridgeline RTS 4dr Crew Cab 4WD SB (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

Former 04 Nissan Titan, considering Toy Tundra, but this was more practical. Cheaper, what a deal!, Fun to drive, gave me more space in the garage. Now well have more fun, distance to cover at lower cost.

18.24 mpg on first half tank, automatic 4x4! lots of space inside and back, lockable trunk, two way to open back door, instruments layout, power back window, smoooooth ride for a truck, folding back seat. The whole family loves this truck.

Rear view mirror auto dim light and compass would be great.

Rear Tires Locking Up
By Ebony

2008 Honda Ridgeline RTL 4dr Crew Cab 4WD SB (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

I love my Ridgeline, but 2 months ago I noticed something with wheels feeling like right front tire was flat. Next week had to have vehicle towed, because it wouldn't accelerate. Make a long story short took to Honda 3 times they wouldn't take wheels off would only do road tests. I had to take truck to dealer every night so when it happened again it would be there. They would not check it out unless they actually saw what truck was doing. It ended up being the rear differential that was locking. It only happens in 30 degree or less weather. I live in Charlotte, NC it usually doesn't get cold here, but it has. So if you experience this locking of wheels you now know what it is.Thanks warranty

Entire truck especially truck for the summer. It takes 6 bags of ice to fill it up.

Make Honda check problems when owners first bring vehicles in.

Need a truck but want a car?
By Daniel

2008 Honda Ridgeline RTL 4dr Crew Cab 4WD SB (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

I looked at the Tacoma, the Frontier, and the Ridgeline. Granted, people told me the Ridgeline wasn't a "true" truck, well that's all right with me! Drives like my Accord V6 - but with loads of space to haul or tow things. Super comfortable, super styling, and Honda reliability - how can you go wrong??

All the storage features - inside and out! Plus, to be able to take my family (two kids under 3), and stow strollers and diaper bags - without even having to leave exposed in the truck bed - awesome!

An iPod jack and bluetooth without the needed navigation. How about larger wheels (for aesthetics)? Additional Dashboard lighting.

Handy
By Dad

2008 Honda Ridgeline RTX 4dr Crew Cab 4WD SB (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

I have 14K on my Ridgeline RTX. Thus far the swing out tailgate latch and the rear seat vent have broken. Otherwise OK. I have towed boats and trailers with no problems. Brakes work well while towing but fuel mileage drops to 10 MPG or less. Shifts a lot even without a trailer - very annoying. I think the engine could handle it if the tranny would wait to drop out of high gear. I noticed torque steer when passing, it surprised me and made me swerve. Trunk is awesome. Drives and parks like a car. Fuel mileage is only so-so. Averaging 17-18 and 19-20 on hwy. Functionally the truck is great. It's kind of ugly and my buddies make lots of fun but it's really practical and does what I need it to do.

Trunk is GREAT! Under rear seat storage, cold A/C, smooth engine, good brakes, Michelins, great in the rain, bed hooks work well with tie downs.

Transmission shifts WAY TOO MUCH. Cabin is not as quiet as it could be, weird shift action from park to drive- I have to look to be sure I'm in drive, seats stain EASILY, rear seat belt receivers hard to reach with child seats. Seats not as comfortable as my F-150

Satisfied Owner So Far
By shackm

2008 Honda Ridgeline RTS 4dr Crew Cab 4WD SB (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

I am a former owner of Dodge, Ford, Nissan, and Toyota Trucks. Friends and family tried to steer me towards purchasing a new (08 or 09) Chevy/GM Truck with their current low prices. I drove and tried to make a deal on both GM products along with a new F-150, but the sales folks couldn't quite get me to where I wanted to be. The first time I test drove a Ridgeline, I knew this was the vehicle for me. I don't require the services of a full size truck, so the Honda is the perfect fit for me. I recently took my truck on a road trip consisting of 2,000 miles through rain, sleet and snow over mountains, and through major metro areas. It handled great in the snow! Averaged 19 MPG/Hwy.

Roomy cabin, comfortable seats, in-bed trunk. Handles great in inclement weather. The V-6 feels as strong as many of the small V-8 trucks I have had in the past.

Improve visibility. A telescopic steering wheel would be nice too!