Used 2007 Honda Ridgeline Consumer Reviews - 120 Car Reviews | Edmunds

Consumer Reviews

2007 Honda Ridgeline

View reviews for a specific Ridgeline model:

Towing
By lucas

2007 Honda Ridgeline RTX 4dr Crew Cab 4WD SB (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

Bought my truck specifically for a cross-country relocation. Refused to let me down going through the mountains in Colorado. Stayed strong towing a 5'x8' trailer (@11-14 mpg!) average almost 18 mpg city/highway combined, which is pretty good for a pick-up truck.

In-bed trunk (drain plug is great when you convert it to a beer cooler for tail-gating).well thought-out interior.

More power, possibly a hybrid in the near future (if Chevy can make a Tahoe hybrid, Honda should be able to do wonders with the Ridgeline or pilot)

"My Beautiful Truck" now 1 year old
By Nick

2007 Honda Ridgeline RTL 4dr Crew Cab 4WD SB w/Navi (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

Very comfortable & appropriately sized truck. Very useful for my urban driving & use. Good Visibility. Appreciate the simple & well thought exterior details. Driving on all roads is stable & firm. Direct vehicle response from steering input. Good road feel. No mechanical problems. Very quiet motor almost whisper quiet. low wind & engine noise at high speed. Brisk engine response when you need to move quickly, & then you realize how fast you are moving! V6 is appropriate. Moved the truck nicely through hills & motoring through long high speed turns was comfortable & inspired confidence. 42 fill-ups later, avg 17.2 mpg overall. Purchased through broker & saved $K. Very happy!!

Family just loves the navigation system. Useful feature is the listing of phone numbers for restaurants or businesses so you can call ahead. I appreciated the heated seats and heated mirrors in the cold months. My wife is partial to the dual AC temperature control settings. (Hers and His).

Honda should consider improved placement of the temperature control knobs. ---- I guess that's why you can give the computer - voice commands for temperature, radio, and navigation input so you don't have to look away from the road. I got more truck than I expected. Good Job Honda!

No Regrets, Great Truck
By Paul

2007 Honda Ridgeline RTL 4dr Crew Cab 4WD SB (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

After driving minivans for the past ten years I decided to move up to a truck. Although not a truck guy in the traditional sense, I wanted the utility of a bed for those weekend beach runs and a comfortable rear seat for my three kids. I got both in the Ridgeline. Plus it's smooth, quiet and fun.

The in-bed trunk is just brilliant! I can fit two full sets of golf clubs and accessories in the trunk. During the winter, it easily accommodates my son's extra large hockey bag and skates. Power sliding rear window is a nice touch.

Cruise control switch is a pain getting to. Steering wheel is to close to the dash. Needs telescopic steering wheel. Honda accessories are ridiculously expensive (hitch, bed cover, etc).

Truck for all seasons
By scottg

2007 Honda Ridgeline RTL 4dr Crew Cab 4WD SB (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

Traded my Murano in for this truck. Very nice ride and very quiet. This is a wonderful truck on the long trips. Extremely versatile with all the extra cubbies, underbed trunk. Customs loves to want to look in the trunk.

in bed trunk, lighting in bed, two way tailgate. build quality.

Windshield has cracked twice in under 20,000 miles. I think this is a flaw with the Glass tempering. Would like to have more horsepower. Also sunroof control should be close to sunroof.

Ridgeline Needs a couple of changes
By Madjd

2007 Honda Ridgeline RTL 4dr Crew Cab 4WD SB w/Navi (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

We just purchased a 2007 RTL with Nav. And we had to make a trip from Montana to California, the Navigation was great, won't buy another vehicle without it, Everything is great about this vehicle except for the front seats, they are way too hard for long trips, we just couldn't get comfortable(we had to buy cushions to put on the seats)Honda Company should consider putting Acura MDX seats in this truck and make the steering column telescopic. I had trouble getting close enough for the steering without my knees hitting the dashboard, and I'm only 5'5". If those two things were corrected this truck would be a definite 10 all the way!

Tailgate, trunk storage, stereo and navigation.

Better front seats and telescopic steering column and maybe a little more power.