Used 2007 Honda Ridgeline Consumer Reviews - 120 Car Reviews | Edmunds

Consumer Reviews

2007 Honda Ridgeline

View reviews for a specific Ridgeline model:

Mobile Party
By Cleve

2007 Honda Ridgeline RTS 4dr Crew Cab 4WD SB (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

First off, I would have to disagree with the editors on two points. First, the comfort of the backseat. It can fit four 20 year old guys comfortably with no complaints. Also, its offroad capabilities (though not up to rock crawling standards) seem to be vastly better than the Ridge is given credit for. I've taken my RTS all over God's green earth, through dirt, mud, snow, creeks and have yet to feel a noticeable slip. Now, moving on. I am absolutely in love with this truck. It's as big as a house inside, it rides as smoothly as a town car, the bed will fit anything from pallets, to tree trunks, to drywall etc. And when I take the time to wash off the filth, it's a beautiful design.

In-Bed Trunk: Works GREAT as a cooler, you can load it up with about 150 lbs of ice and any number of gallons of alcohol and its a moving tailgate party. Independent Suspension: I drive over train tracks every morning and while everyone else slows down to 5 mph, I don't even know it's there at 45 mph

It could definitely use an optional V8. I've read it employs some sort of takeoff softening, and although it does have some hidden power in the 3.5, I feel like it could use some beefing up! Also the flatness of the windshield causes the far left to get really dirty and become a blind spot of sorts.

This RTX truck is fit for a KING!
By Elvis Ray

2007 Honda Ridgeline RTX 4dr Crew Cab 4WD SB (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

I am not your average truck owner. I am an Elvis Impersonator. I carry lots of music and lighting equipment in this truck very often and Everything fits! This RTX handles like a car but feel very safe, quiet and secure. Starts, steers and stops with precision handling. Inside, it will surprise you with its "Roomy" feeling. All controls are within easy reach with No fancy frills. Engine is smooth as silk, trans too. "Pound for Pound" comfort & value, over other full cab brands, is off the charts with this truck! Will seat 5 adults adequately & have full cargo in back too. A lot of guys will complain about gas mpg, I don't. Go drive a U.S. made truck and you wont either! RTX..fit for a KING!

In bed trunk and spare tire tray holder. The side open tailgate. Inside Head room is very good, I am 6'1. Extra large interior "Shovel Handle" door handles are great for my big hands. Steering wheel has a good fit and feel for the road. Drives like a car and works like a truck! I love it!!

The only thing I have found to be rather weak is the exterior paint, might be due to the metal flake blue components in the paint. The inside doors have fog like "ghosts" when doors are open and seen in sun light, when compared to the body. I would not go 4-Wheel off road with the Blue color. See ya.

More SUV than truck
By Mike

2007 Honda Ridgeline RTL 4dr Crew Cab 4WD SB w/Navi (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

Replaced Nissan Frontier with the Honda Ridgeline July 2007. Has many great features plus the reliability of a Honda. I don't require a true pick up most of the time so its payload capacity is fine, really like an SUV in most respects. Gas mileage on hwy is a little disappointing for a V-6 engine, currently about 20 mpg. Honda made a mistake by not using one of their more powerful Acura V-6's, as this vehicle doesn't have the power or torque required for towing or climbing hills. We travel from FL to NC mountains on a regular basis and it works hard to climb the hills. If I required a truck to tow anything, I would not have purchased the Ridgeline.

Dual action tailgate, RTL model with Navi has most options that you'd ever want, under bed storage is fantastic!

Upgrade to more powerful V-6 engine (suggest the almost 300 hp engine from the Acura RL) to allow for adequate towing and hill climbing.

Lovin my Ridgeline
By Bruce

2007 Honda Ridgeline RT 4dr Crew Cab 4WD SB (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

The Ridgeline is just a great all around vehicle, the engine is silky smooth with good power, a few more ponies would be good though. It has tons of storage inside and the in bed trunk is very cleaver. This is by far the best vehicle I have ever owned, fit and finish is perfect also. I have heard rumors of Honda building a diesel for this truck, can`t wait to drive one. Love this truck.

Aggressive looking exterior, Automatic 4wd, interior storage.

A little more power, tranny downshifts to easy. I still love this engine.

Truly Love Our Ridge
By jgcla

2007 Honda Ridgeline RTL 4dr Crew Cab 4WD SB (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

After a year and 14,000 miles, I have had no issues and love the truck. Thought rear visibility could be better until I drove my bosses new Silverado and realized mine was not so bad. The mileage has ranged from a low of 17 to a high of 22. 60 to 65 delivers around 20 - 21. Engine/transmission combo is extremely smooth, just like our CR-V. Even with gas prices approaching $4 per gal, I think I made a wise decision. I have had many positive comments on the appearance and feel secure when driving.

All wheel drive, forward visibility, Handling, capacity, bed trunk and sound system.

Rear visibility.