Used 2007 Honda Ridgeline Consumer Reviews - 120 Car Reviews | Edmunds

Consumer Reviews

2007 Honda Ridgeline

View reviews for a specific Ridgeline model:

Loved Ridgeline until fire
By Kim

2007 Honda Ridgeline RTL 4dr Crew Cab 4WD SB w/Navi (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

We loved our Honda Ridgeline. Great truck, my husband used it for his work as a construction supply company owner. He frequently hauled building materials with this truck. He also drove it long distances without a single problem. Everything was great about this truck, until it caught on fire today, and is now sitting in the towing company's lot, waiting to see what can be salvaged. I've been a loyal Honda/Acura owner for years, we also own a Civic and an Acura MDX, but we will not be replacing this Ridgeline with another Honda.

Like I said, we loved this truck until fire.

Works Like a Truck
By MontanaRoadRunner

2007 Honda Ridgeline RTS 4dr Crew Cab 4WD SB (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

Most fun to drive since my 67 Mustang. Safe and stable on snow and ice. Climbs MT mountain highways doing 80 with no problem. Pulls 14' dual axle flatbed and 8x12 cargo trailer with ease - although gas mileage takes a severe nose dive. All of the comforts of my Accord, with the ability to haul loads - and I've hauled lots of rock, wood, brush. All wheel goes everywhere I need to go, including mud, snow, ice, and some very rough roads, plus off road - short of boulder climbing. Lots of places to store things, comfortable.

Lockable trunk, safety features, two-way tailgate, large handles and knobs, especially good in winter with gloves. Handling is superb for a truck. Stable, hangs to road like slot car. On long drives (MT to CA) - biggest problem, keeping awake, miles just tick away. Lots of innovations.

Telescoping steering should be a must. Seat covers fragile for a truck - fray, fade fast. Windshield wipers hard to change, clean around - buried under back of hood when parked. XM 'ready' a marketing ploy, the Honda accessory costs more than a complete radio system. Mileage bit of downer.

07 Honda Ridgeline
By Ridge2008

2007 Honda Ridgeline RTX 4dr Crew Cab 4WD SB (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

I am more then satisfied with my Ridgeline. I purchased it less then a year ago but I have a decent commute and have taken it on numerous roadtrips. I just got back from going over a mountain pass with snow/ice, etc. NO PROBLEMS with getting the Ridgeline over. Tight steering, smooth ride, super quiet even at 80+MPH (country highways). Rugged enough to take on trails... wouldn't recommend for more than moderate "four-byin" (4x4). Exterior design is very unique. If you like the Chevy Avalanche, you'll enjoy the Ridgeline. It's essentially a Sport Utility Truck along the same lines of the Ford Exp. Sport Trac, etc. Otherwise GREAT truck HIGHLY recommend.

The quiet ride, reliability, power (get up and go), the cargo and passenger room, interior design, night display of speedometer etc.

Highly Reccomended
By Curly

2007 Honda Ridgeline RTL 4dr Crew Cab 4WD SB (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

In 20 yrs owned 3 GM full sized trucks then Suburban. Needed to go back to PU. Tired of American quality vehicles and associated repair bills. Finally went Honda. Ridgeline has been in shop for scheduled maint only. 55,000 miles and everything still works. Drives like a car - golf clubs fit in rear trunk. Whats not to like? Reminds me of a bulldog, ugly to look at - and I love it unconditionally.

Rear trunk - seals tight and has drain plug. Bed liner is standard. A/C and heat. Very nice 160 watt 6 CD changer/XM radio. Rear seat OK for a PU and folds up for large items. Quiet ride. Lots of inside places for storage of stuff.

Fuel mileage is not typical Honda. 17-19.x is poor for a 6 cyl. Have never been above 20 mpg.

Most versatile SUV available
By Bob

2007 Honda Ridgeline RTS 4dr Crew Cab 4WD SB (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

If you want a luxury sedan, it's close. If you want a work truck, it's close. If you want a tow vehicle, it's good there too. I just towed a 4200 lb. trailer over 4,000 miles with my Ridgeline, and encountered no problems. Going over the Rockies sometimes required full power for several minutes, but the temp. gauge barely moved. Very stable, even when semi's. passed by. The cab is roomy, and it is fun to drive. I average 19.3 MPG commuting 80 miles, but the mileage dropped to 11.2 towing. The Ridgeline is, in my opinion, the most versatile, high quality vehicle available.

Driving experience. Safety. Automatic all-wheel/4-wheel/front wheel drive system

Driver vision 6-speed automatic