Used 2006 Honda Ridgeline Consumer Reviews - 394 Car Reviews | Edmunds

Consumer Reviews

2006 Honda Ridgeline

View reviews for a specific Ridgeline model:

Fun to Drive and Innovative
By InAZ

2006 Honda Ridgeline RTS 4dr Crew Cab 4WD SB (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

This is the best driving truck on the market. I chose the Ridgeline for its drivability, safety, versatile cargo hauling, interior room and respectable gas mileage. The handling on curving mountain roads is secure and fun. The interior feels much larger than a Toyota Tacoma and almost as large as a Chevy Avalanche. There are lots of places to store items in the cab and under the rear seat. You will find the in-bed trunk so useful that you will never want to own another truck without one (it’s great for groceries). If your towing needs are under 5,000 lbs and you have moderate off road needs, this truck is for you. I get about 15-16 mpg in town and 18- 20 on the road.

Fun to drive (better than my car), standard safety (safest on the market), roomy interior, lots of storage, flip up rear seats, reasonable gas mileage for AWD.

Add automatic headlights (not just auto off) and a telescoping steering wheel. (Be sure you are comfortable with the steering wheel when you test drive). Honda should copy the “midgate” design of the Chevy Avalanche. Add two inches to the truck bed.

Love it
By JIM RICE

2006 Honda Ridgeline RTS 4dr Crew Cab 4WD SB (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

I have been a car salesman for 7 years and never have i seen a vehicle that is so (out of the box) or showed so much thought and imagination in its design. This vehicle will change the way designers will produce trucks and suvs in the coming years. Excellent job honda and keep up the prefect work!!!

Trunk in truck bed

Standard tow package

Eight days and 2,100 miles
By Ned Flanders

2006 Honda Ridgeline RT 4dr Crew Cab 4WD SB (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

I enjoy driving this truck. Where I live I have to deal with severe weather and roads and the Ridgeline has performed extremely well. I also need a truck almost every weekend and I need to car pool with adults so this truck meets my needs and did I say this truck is FUN to drive?

Combines transporting adults in style with trucking and is fun to drive.

Audio system could be better.

Good but Not so Good
By MarylandBob

2006 Honda Ridgeline RTL 4dr Crew Cab 4WD SB w/Moonroof, XM (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

Traded a Titan for this vehicle, Ridgeline much easier to handle and more fuel efficient. Seems well built and interior styling is good, exterior is groundbreaking. Drives like a car, easy to get in/out, locking trunk under bed is the best feature. Not so good-hesitation during acceleration, air leak sounds, interior moisture, windows and now floor board. Moisture causing unpleasant odor like old shoes. Dealer has new replacement windshield on order and others are reporting moisture problems with bad welds. Didn't expect this trouble paying top dollar for top-of-the line truck. We'll see how all is repaired.

Handling, under-bed locking trunk

Fix design problems, improve mileage for 6 cyl.

A must have for every household!!
By Brian

2006 Honda Ridgeline RTL 4dr Crew Cab 4WD SB w/Moonroof, XM (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

I've only had my RL-RTL for a month and a half, but I know I made the right decision the moment I drove it off the lot! It's great on the job site and it hold my two son's car seats with plenty of room to spare! My wife even likes it!

The cargo capacity has got to be the best feature. The trunk inside the bed even holds our double stroller!

I plan on buying a mid-size boat in the future...maybe offer an optional V-8 or larger towing capacity up to 6500 or 7000 lbs.