Used 2006 Honda Ridgeline Crew Cab Consumer Reviews - 394 Car Reviews | Edmunds

Consumer Reviews

2006 Honda Ridgeline Crew Cab

View reviews for a specific Ridgeline model:

Fun Ride
By Charlie McDaniel

2006 Honda Ridgeline Crew Cab RTS 4dr Crew Cab 4WD SB (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

This is an awesome truck,fun to drive,great in the snow.Very functional use of space for interior storage.This is a real head turner,I get all kind of looks driving down the road.This truck has very good road manners with plenty of power for freeway merging or overtaking.Very comfortable and high seat positioning.Ihave had this truck for 3 weeks and love it,but have experienced a problem already which has had my truck at the dealership for 2 days now.It seems that there is a problem with one of the multiswitches which communicates with the passenger door and the brain.This little switch is drawing to much power from the battery,thus rendering the battery dead after sitting overnight.

Engine power,seat comfort,body styling,in bed trunk for water tight storage.

Higher ground clearence,more room for your left leg.Move the cruise control button to a different location.

My Opinion
By Denny

2006 Honda Ridgeline Crew Cab RTS 4dr Crew Cab 4WD SB (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

After 3 months I have some opinions about the new Ridgeline. Overall I have few complaints. My mileage has been around 18 mpg for city and highway driving. I have had no problems of any kind with the vehicle in the first 2500 miles. There is a small problem with rear quarter visibility but with proper adjustment and use of sideview mirrors I have had no close calls. I didn't like the fact that the doors didn't unlock when the vehicle was put in park but checking the manual gave me information about how to reprogram the locks so they do now unlock when put in park. I have driven the Ridgeline in ice and snow and was able to go anywhere I needed to including very slick hills.

Locking trunk- dual climate control- comfortable seats- smooth ride- overall quality

Perhaps some small windows in the rear quarter panels

5 months in my Honda Ridgeline RTLNAV
By Jeff Skimel

2006 Honda Ridgeline Crew Cab RTL 4dr Crew Cab 4WD SB w/Moonroof, XM, Nav (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

I drove a Lexus RX300 for 5 years and we needed a new primary vehicle. I always wanted but never had means of hauling light payloads, such as plywood, furniture, etc. I wanted a rugged vehicle, my wife still wanted comfort and goodies like the Lexus. We both like SUVs. The ridgeleine was the answer; combined all we want and need into one vehicle. I love this truck. The lockable truck is beyond useful- the composite bed is a good quality feature. The NAV system is great and has already saved me time- very reliable. The rear cabin is spacious according to passengers. The drive is responsive, peppy, and fun, albeit a little bumpy on bad roads. I recommend the truck- we parked the lexus.

Lockable trunk, dual action rear door- opens from side or top-down. First truck I've owned, and yes, I do occasionally sit on the rear door, drink beer, watch the neighbors walk by and whew my truck. I love the NAV.

I think all models, regardless of whether they have the NAV or not, should come with the compass-in- mirror. This is becasue the NAV is not always on or needed. Also, a truck at this level and price range should have DTE, gas mileage, and other readouts. Finally, the incessantly locking doors annoy.

Honda Ridgeline
By Alex Eubank

2006 Honda Ridgeline Crew Cab RTL 4dr Crew Cab 4WD SB (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

This is the best vehicle that I've ever owned so far. It's a quiet ride for a truck and very good sound system. I love to drive it and so does my wife. It is a very stable ride especially on crooked roads.I really like the under bed trunk.

The under bed trunk, stereo system , heated seats,room inside and the looks are my favorite. Also good milage for a tuuck with its power.

Bed may be a little longer.

The Cruck
By Steve

2006 Honda Ridgeline Crew Cab RTS 4dr Crew Cab 4WD SB (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

I have owned my Ridgeline for about a month and bought it to take the place of my Prelude and my Ranger...neither of which had a back seat (for all practical purposes) for our new baby. It has been the perfect answer to all of my needs. What else can haul five people comfortably, a truck bed full of mulch, and a trunk full of groceries (under the mulch) at the same time??? It's awesome! My wife hated the looks but after riding in it and using it she loves it! This car/truck ("Cruck") is what I've been waiting for. The cabin is quieter than my wife's Accord. The acceleration is great. I would recommend this cruck to anyone without hesitation.

My favorite feature is the hidden trunk which is quite large considering it's totally hidden.

Improve the gas mileage. I get 14-16 MPG around town. Also a little less industrial or futuristic look might appeal more to the masses.