Used 1995 Honda Prelude Consumer Reviews - 21 Car Reviews | Edmunds

Consumer Reviews

1995 Honda Prelude

View reviews for a specific Prelude model:

Strong after all
By Oscar

1995 Honda Prelude SE 2dr Coupe

After 80,000 miles since I bought still running strong, got 160K miles now and still faster than many cars out there .. even in 2006 still turning some heads and getting compliments ... not bad for a 12 y.o. car =) I bought ricer tailights painted red/white and looks great now, also the 94 accord rear lip, helps.

Exterior design, 2.3 engine, not loud, just good!

If you find one, BUY IT!!!
By Erik

1995 Honda Prelude SE 2dr Coupe

I bought this car with 36,000 miles on it, and it was in near perfect condition. It now has 110,000 miles on it and runs almost as good as it did then. Outside of normal routine repairs or changes such as brakes, tires, oil changes, & tune-ups this car has never had any major repairs. I only just recently had to change a broken radiator, but if that's the worst of it, I'm happy. The body could be better because it has a tendency to rust in the rear quarter panel, but almost everything else about this car is perfect. I will never sell this car if I don't have to. I would rather spend the money to keep it forever. I only wish I could have found an SE model with a V-TEC and manual trans.

The dash is so unique. The colors of the LED lights, speedo and tach are very soothing and appealing to the eyes. The forest green color on the SE's is sleek and the wheels they come with are much better than the standard models. Although it's a 4 cyl., this car has great get up and go.

Upgrade the tires for better handling if you can. If you like a little more speed, like I do; a new exhaust and air intake will give you a good boost for not a lot of money. Also, if you need a better stereo, get a box because the speakers are hard to replace due to the cross bars for the trunk.

Honda Prelude
By kevo

1995 Honda Prelude Si 2dr Coupe

I purchased a 1995 Honda Prelude about one year ago. I have put 20,000 miles on it and it still runs just as good as the day that I bought it. I have done some performance changes such as a carbon fiber hood, an exhaust, and a cold air intake. I am very impressed with the performance of the car. It has good pickup and drives very smooth.

I think I like the design of the dash and the aerodynamic shape of the car.

I cant think of any changes that should be made stock. I enjoy the way it is now.

It Just Keeps Going!
By Spirited

1995 Honda Prelude Si 2dr Coupe

I bought this car with 127000 miles on
it. The car has been amazing. Nothing
but normal service needed at 176000
miles. Runs great. I have never added a
drop of oil Fun to drive. The car is
driven every day and this includes a
good bit of stop and go driving.
Amazing vehicle. Only problem is a bit
of paint fading from sitting out in the
open all theise years.

Lots of driving fun for the bucks!

Braking could be improved. Upgraded braked components would do the trick.

1995 Honda Prelude VTEC-Coupe (Black)
By VTEC-R