Used 1993 Honda Prelude Si 4WS Consumer Reviews - 8 Car Reviews | Edmunds

1993 Honda Prelude Si 4WS Consumer Reviews

Si 4WS 2.3L 4-cyl. 5-speed Manual - (8 reviews )

23 years of ownership and still going
By Danny Lin

1993 Honda Prelude Si 4WS Si 4WS 2dr Coupe

This is a great little car. I bought it brand new and used synthetic motor oil since day one. After 20+ years of ownership, most original parts are still working. The 4WS computer started failing (about 50% of the time) at about 100K miles. It is safe to drive without that computer though. You just don't get the 4WS feature. I have had it maintained by a reputable Honda specialty shop and have timing belt replaced according to the schedule. The radiator was replaced at 120K and anti-lock brake failed at about 200K. Honda parts are extremely expensive so I opted not to fix anti-lock. The paint is now faded but still is a reliable, peppy, little fun car to drive.

My Prelude
By LadyPrelude

1993 Honda Prelude Si 4WS Si 4WS 2dr Coupe

I've had this car almost 10 years and still love to drive it. It's fun and fast.

5-speed and sunroof

Reduce the or refine the sound of the vehicle muffler.

93 Prelude Si with 4ws
By dirk

1993 Honda Prelude Si 4WS Si 4WS 2dr Coupe

This is a really fun to drive car. It's got good power, when you take off in first and run it up to about 3,000 rpm and just stomp on the gas, the tires break loose and just start spinning. I love it.

Power for a 4 cylinder, I was really underestimating the power, also the 4ws is a dream come true.

The interior should have better seating room but everything else is great.

93 Prelude 4WS Si
By Shibo

1993 Honda Prelude Si 4WS Si 4WS 2dr Coupe

The 93 prelude 4WS si i think is the best that Honda has ever made. The performance is just right for a 4 cyl that dose not have a VTEC motor and the convertible is unbelievable.

The 4WS.

Bring the prelude back honda.

Love My '93 Prelude Si 4WS
By 5speedguy

1993 Honda Prelude Si 4WS Si 4WS 2dr Coupe

Bought my red 5 speed in June 2005 with 129,000 miles on the clock. I now have 150,000 and I just love this car. I like the punch, the great corner- carving ability and the looks. Each time I walk past the car I just have to smile. I know the 4WS makes the car heavier and therefore slower than the VTEC, but the handling is so great it is worth it. I soon intend to use it as a track day car (while continuing the "daily driver" duties.)

The styling, the solid feel of the entire car, the Si engine (that can run well on 87 octane when the gas gougers raise the prices). The trunk is capable for a true sports car. Even the back seat is OK for some storage as I bought the car knowing no human over 6 months old could fit in it.

It needs at least 1 cup holder and a bigger glove box. I'd also like to see more after-market options.