1. Powertrain: A new 3.5-liter V6 engine features both cylinder deactivation and auto stop/start technologies for better fuel economy. Six- or nine-speed automatic transmissions will be available.
2. Cargo Space: The new 2016 Pilot has more space behind the third row. Honda showed that you can keep a very large 82-quart cooler back there. Honda didn?t announce a maximum cargo space figure, but confirmed the new Pilot is larger.
3. Storage Space: Like the old Pilot, there is an abundance of storage space up front. The large center console bin is big enough to conceal a purse or a small laptop, and its flat cover can hold smartphones or other items in place.
4. Passenger Space: Like most competitors, you can now get the Pilot with second-row captain?s chairs. But, the standard bench is needed if you want eight-passenger capacity. Access to the third row has also been improved.
5. Technology: The Pilot gets a new touchscreen interface on most trims. Also available are as many as 5 USB ports, an HDMI port and a Blu-ray player.