Used 2013 Honda Pilot Consumer Reviews - 45 Car Reviews | Edmunds

Consumer Reviews

2013 Honda Pilot

View reviews for a specific Pilot model:

Nice car SO FAR
By Terry Thompson

2013 Honda Pilot EX-L 4dr SUV 4WD (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

Nice car so far

Love love love this great family suv
By Ashley flood

2013 Honda Pilot Touring w/Navigation and Rear Entertainment 4dr SUV (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

Pilot saved my husbands life!
By Jodi

2013 Honda Pilot Touring w/Navigation and Rear Entertainment 4dr SUV 4WD (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

We bought our 2013 Honda Pilot Touring on a Wednesday, picked it up on a Thursday and it was totaled by Saturday by a reckless driver. My husband was alone at a red light when he was hit and pushed into a building. He survived with stiches to the eye, a broken toe & some bumps and bruises. not sure he would've been so lucky in another vehicle. we bought another 2013 Honda Pilot Touring the next Monday from the same people/place. Amine & Joseph at Boch Honda in Norwood Ma were great through both processes.

hesitation
By Don Wagner

2013 Honda Pilot EX-L w/Navigation 4dr SUV (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

This Honda model has a terrible hesitation problem. Often it will quit running and let you sitting in the middle of an intersection, and sometimes it just quits running altogether. I had to have towed to the dealer recently and after having the vehicle two days thet told me it had a bug, the size of a gnat in the air/fuel mixture chamber. Told me it was repaired, but it still has the same problem.

Bought With Some Reservations
By Mike

2013 Honda Pilot EX-L 4dr SUV 4WD (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

I will preface my remarks by saying that I got a great deal on a left-over 2013 model so I am not overly disappointed with this purchase. With that being said, the engineering that went into designing the cargo area with either row of back seats down is horrible. The cargo area has a terrible backward slope resulting in anything you stow ending up at the lift-gate. The road and wind noise are excessive, overall outward vision is poor, oil change cost is expensive with the 0w-20 oil requirement, and the electronic gadgetry lags behind other like-level vehicles. And finally, at 14,000 miles the left front inner CV boot self-destructed resulting in a new driveshaft and bearings. I do like the power lift-gate, the back-up camera, storage slots and cubby holes, and the center front console is cavernous. I hate to say it but, with the exception of better gas mileage, I sometimes miss my 1999 Isuzu Trooper LS.