Used 2012 Honda Pilot Consumer Reviews - 44 Car Reviews | Edmunds

Consumer Reviews

2012 Honda Pilot

View reviews for a specific Pilot model:

Do All Transporter
By Tom R

2012 Honda Pilot LX 4dr SUV (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

I needed a vehicle that comfortably holds 6, can tow a trailer, got 20+ MPG, serves as my office, good for customers - to ride in and does not give wrong impression (I.e., not too nice for a salesman), completely reliable, can haul some equipment around easily, super comfortable for long road trips and looks fantastic.
Answer: Honda Pilot.
8/24/16 - had the pilot for about 41/2 years now. 170,000 miles on her. One complaint: front end shimmy while braking. This is in many reviews. New brake rotors help - for a while. Going to put Brembo rotors/pads on next as the OEM set just doesn't have the ability to stay unwarped.

My Dream Luxury SUV!!!
By R.W. Bey

2012 Honda Pilot EX 4dr SUV 4WD (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

Since I have purchased and driven my "luxury SUV" , I have enjoyed every moment behind the wheel. Thank you Honda!!!!

Windshield
By Becky Haley Wilson

2012 Honda Pilot EX-L 4dr SUV 4WD w/Rear Entertainment (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

Love my 2012 Pilot I traded in a 2007 Pilot and love it also. The only problem I have is that in the 3 months that I've owned it, I have 4 chips in my windshield. I didn't have one on the 2007 windshield. Driving the same roads at the same speeds. Is this due to the way the windshield slope or lack there of? Just curious if anyone else has this problem.

Blue tooth/home link
By sharynk

2012 Honda Pilot EX 4dr SUV 4WD (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

I hate the hands free. So far the car has been evaluated and 2 microphones replaced, 1 blue tooth, speakers. I still have garbled voices on both ends. When connecting the noise is also garbled. I called the service department from my car and I was asked to call back on a land line. What is wrong with this? I realize this is not necessarily the service departments techs as they need to follow proticall but but but. I can't be the only car with this problem. I know I'm not. Hope I can get this resolved. I have had a few honda pilots and I now am very unhappy,

Love the back up camera.

Blue tooth!

Drivetrain shutters at cruise speed
By alesper

2012 Honda Pilot LX 4dr SUV 4WD (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

Maybe if enough people complain about the transmission shuttering at cruise speed on Honda, they will recall and fix. My wife's 2012 Pilot shutters. Her 2006 CRV did it worse. And, it got worse as it got older. Luckily, she automatically trades in at 4 years. The 2003 CRV was perfect, wish she had not ever traded it.

Stop the drivetrain shutters. Shift smooth and steer like a Traverse.