Used 2011 Honda Pilot Consumer Reviews - 102 Car Reviews | Edmunds

Consumer Reviews

2011 Honda Pilot

View reviews for a specific Pilot model:

Shame on Honda! Part 2
By ewells

2011 Honda Pilot EX-L 4dr SUV w/Nav (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

Last November 2010 I bought the new 2011 Pilot. In the first weeks of owning the car I got a recall notice for the front wheel axle.
It was fixed and now
it squeaks loudly.
I have owned Hondas for 20 years and I expect better.
The dealership asked me to fill out a survey after I brought it in again for the squeak and they could not fix it.
I filled out their online follow up survey and have not heard back.
I am now very disappointed in my Honda Dealership in Louisiana.

A good alternative to this car might be the Jeep Grand Cherokee…just had it as a car rental and the gas mileage was far, far better… as a long time Honda owner I am so disappointed this is my second time writing.

Troubles with car overshadowing the good right now and this car does have some great features...a shame...Honda built its reputation with me on quality...not the quality I am used to from Honda...

Better gas milage....lucky to get 20 on the highway...city driving is worse...at $60+ bucks a fill up Honda is really disappointing me...not the Honda I am used to on reliability and gas...

AMAZING SUV
By footballmom3

2011 Honda Pilot EX 4dr SUV (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

Purchased 4 months ago and I absolutely LOVE my 2011 Polit! This is the perfect family vehicle.
It handles like a car.
Very smooth ride, sharp turning capibility (no more 3 pt turns), and great acceleration. I feel completely safe transporting may family around. All of the seats are easy to operate, even my 5 y.o. can pull the levers. The middle row can slide forward to give the third row more leg room.
We have comfortably fit 6 adults & 2 kids, also 7 teenagers & 1 mom. Last weekend I drove 5 HS sized football players to their game.
All of their hemlets & pads fit in the trunk area! I'd like to see the Highlander do that! I HIGHLY recommend this car to anyone!!!

My FAV features are the tons of storage options, 4 car charger plugs, iPod outlet, AC controls offer comfort levels for the different areas, "Secret" trunk storage compartment is perfect for those game chairs & blankets, third row has storage under the seat, steering wheel controls, center consol cover, insane amount of cup holders, middle row reclines, door bumpers save from dings, and heavy duty fabric on seats is easy to clean up. Sits high off the ground so you can see over most vehicles. Roomy seating. My husband and boys are over 6' and they all can fit in any row.

Switch the driver/passenger cup holders with the small storage bin and add a light in the trunk area. The front windows could be redesigned so rain doesn't pour in when they are cracked, but I plan on buying window guards to help this problem.

Standout
By sherm624

2011 Honda Pilot Touring 4dr SUV 4WD w/Nav, Rear Entertainment (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

Sold my 1999 Pathfinder and purchased the Pilot.
It's larger in every dimension, has full time 4WD, has 70 more horsepower, is heavier, and still manages to get better gas mileage!

Car has great unique style inside and out, decent power, good braking (Edmunds review is off the mark), and a usable 3rd row - boxy design allows for headroom. No middle hump and extra width provides for 3 across comfortably.

Drove on vacation 250 miles to destination (highway) - got 26+ MPG. Tire pressure monitoring saved me twice.

Second row windows roll all the way down, optional built in sunshades are great, flash drive for music, hands free cell phone interface works well (clear).

Technology - IPOD/Flash music, DVD player, NAV system, hands free phone. Interior space, auto hatch open/close, storage - especially recessed niche under floor at rear - lots of room for items that you don't want shifting around. Full time 4WD.

Rework dash mounted shifter - gets in the way. Info section of console not intuitive to work.

Very good family hauler
By lscico

2011 Honda Pilot EX-L 4dr SUV 4WD (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

Bought to replace Toyota sienna. Owned two of those over 8 years. Never again.

Bought for my wife but I use when taking older kids to games, trips etc.

For long trips it's excellent. Great visibility, very comfortable. A bit of road noise. Good power.

MPG is good, considering. I've characterized it pretty good over several trips. From Boston to central NY got 23-26 mpg @ ~75mph
depending on weather, traffic.
If I drop speed to 65 mph I get 27-28. Driving around NE I keep it at 60 and
Consistently get high 20s.
Around city it's more like 19, if I'm careful and 17-18 if not.

My wife pays no attention to mpg and she averages 19 mpg over 3000 miles long term mostly city, some highway

Comfortable and spacious. Great kid hauler. Wonderful for long trips. 4 th Honda over 20 years. I won't look at anything other than Honda/Acura. Sticker was 37k. Got for 32k in 2010 when things were slow.

No blueTooth for car close to 40k. That's ridiculous. Not quite as bank vault tight as previous hondas but otherwise excellent build. Less road noise please.

great drive, huge space, good deal
By zimboy

2011 Honda Pilot EX 4dr SUV 4WD (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

had several hondas in my time so I expect great quality and got it. the Pilot has great space and features and is a sporty drive with excellent handling. i found out it shares the same platform as the Acura MDX and it's no surprise. looks chunky and big on the outside, incredible space inside and drives like a crossover. some great technology which the dealers never seem to highlight like drive-by-wire accelerator, the 3-4 cyclinder shut-off for economy, tri-zone a/c etc. got the EX at invoice - $1250 after starting out looking at the CRV, the Pilot is so much more for a few extra $'s.

comfort, space, build and driveability

add leather steering wheel and usb/bluetooth to the EX model; got 23 mpg on early road trip and i look for the eco light - heavy-footed drivers might not get that