Used 2011 Honda Pilot Consumer Reviews - 99 Car Reviews | Edmunds

Consumer Reviews

2011 Honda Pilot

View reviews for a specific Pilot model:

Great SUV for what it is.
By TMG

2011 Honda Pilot EX-L 4dr SUV 4WD (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

I have been very happy with the Pilot overall. Seats are comfortable, I don't think they would be if you are overweight, I'm 6'2", 210 lbs. I don't find the ECO mode annoying, you can notice on the highway when it changes but, not after it rides the same, doesn't affect acceleration. It does have a rougher ride than I expected, more like an SUV than car or crossover. Gas mileage isn't great but you know that going in, we average about 17 mpg. The interior is nice and very functional. It is not a Lexus! To all the people complaining and comparing to other SUVs, spend the extra 10K, 20K or more and then you'll have what your looking for. Great car overall, no mechanical problems yet.

Love the third row, it's why we got the Pilot. When you want a functional third row and no minivan your options go way down and we liked the Pilot the best. Can't beat the reliability. Remember more people write reviews that are unhappy, happy people don't care.

Wish the lift gate hydraulics were a little better, slow to open and close. Roof racks were a pain to get on, but that is due to the directions not being accurate. Gas mileage could be better. Hard to see windshield wiper and light controls at night. Only driver side door unlocks when you stop.

Great SUV
By jjb4954

2011 Honda Pilot EX-L 4dr SUV 4WD w/Nav (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

Overall, the Pilot is everything I expected and more. It is a solid vehicle, like most Hondas are, and it performs as advertised. It is comfortable and solid. I took it on two long trips and it performed flawlessly. My wife and I love the navigation system. It is well worth the extra cost. Gas mileage could be better. I love this car.

Comfort, stereo system, XM radio, roominess, navigation system, storage, 3rd row seats

Fuel economy, seat and mirror memory for this model, full trailer harness

Great vehicle
By RWF

2011 Honda Pilot Touring 4dr SUV w/Nav, Rear Entertainment (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

Recently purchased 2011 Pilot Touring for my wife. She loves the vehicle. Drives great, quiet inside, great technology with the NAV and voice recognition system. Contrary to some of the reviews, the seats are very comfortable and we do not notice any engine shifting when in ECO mode. The RES is fantastic particularly given the fact that the kids can operate it from the back. In fact, they can change the stations on the radio from the rear seats which saves us from having to surf their preferred channels (and when it gets too much, we lock out their controls). We have owned a Range Rover and GMC Yukon in the past and quite frankly, we are enjoying the Pilot more.

Interior layout, NAV and voice recognition system and Rear Entertainment system.

None

Don't Understand Why all the Drama
By Mr. Andy

2011 Honda Pilot EX-L 4dr SUV (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

Purchased vehicle brand new. Drives quietly, smooth and very comfortable. I'm 6'2" and fit very well in the driver & Passenger seat. Haven't tested full fuel range but I'm sure I can get a good 375 miles from a full tank. Many complaints about comfort, Fuel economy, gadgets. Perhaps if one test drove the vehicle first, they would see these faults and move on to something else. As far as Fuel, I didn't pick an SUV because I wanted Fuel economy, I picked it because it felt strong. If you want better gas mileage DON'T BUY AN SUV. Get a Camry or an Accord; Duh. No problems with braking; I don't tailgate or expect to be still doing 60 mph in heavy traffic. I'm lovin' my Honda.

iPod hook up, cubbyholes, comfort, feels heavy, back up camera, quiet/smooth ride, big console area to rest arm on, mid cubby-console area - very roomy.

wonder if the gear shift will change in the next model, Prefer spare tire within vehicle (not underneath it), Keep it boxy style, 86 the 'Eco' light, that's a nice feature, doesn't need to be lighting up to distract the eye. that's all for now.

I've got the peeling paint blues
By ApexPilot

2011 Honda Pilot EX-L 4dr SUV (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

I've got an appointment to take my Pilot in a few weeks for peeling back bumper. What's up with that? I've been a loyal Honda owner for over 20 years and I've never had an issue with the paint peeling. For the most part I love my Pilot. For me it's much more comfortable then my 2007 CR-V was.