Used 2010 Honda Pilot Consumer Reviews - 136 Car Reviews | Edmunds

Consumer Reviews

2010 Honda Pilot

View reviews for a specific Pilot model:

Trying not to regret
By Toonman

2010 Honda Pilot EX-L 4dr SUV (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

Bought this car for the spaciousness and 3rd row. I never owned a Honda and heard about Honda's reliability and quality. Since I bought this, I had 2 issues. First is the moonroof will not close. It goes back halfway and kicks back. Sent to dealer twice and they reprogram the system. Still the same issue. A week ago, I received a recall letter asking me to bring back my Pilot for a moonroof software update. Second issue is the car keeps pulling to the right. I have seen some reviews about this. Brought it to the dealer twice and they said nothing wrong. Obviously this is not the first car I have driven and I know when a car is pulling to its right. I am hoping for another recall...

Spaciousness, 3 zone A/C, ECO feature..

Mileage - I am a city driver and it only average at 16 mpg. Quality could improve - like the moonroof problem and pulling to the right.

What could be better?
By CCAR

2010 Honda Pilot EX-L 4dr SUV w/Rear Entertainment (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

I upgraded from a '06 Jeep Grand Cherokee with too many problems to list, so I gave it back. The '10 Pilot is excellent. What can't you do with it? I have not seen any pulling problems. All of the extras on the vehicle are wonderful. Get the DVD system if you have children, also gives you a better speaker system, which Honda is known not to have.

Dvd (res) wireless headphones, rear camera, three rows, storage storage storage galore. Tow hitch, the (vcm) econo mode. 12 amp plug in center console, plug what you want in. Buy one you won't be disappointed.

Pulls to the right!
By kellit

2010 Honda Pilot EX-L 4dr SUV 4WD (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

My mother's 2010 4wd pilot is great except it pulls to the right! It's been taken to the dealer 5 times and they've said there's nothing wrong with it, they all do that, they were made to do that, its' the crown in the road, it falls within specs so there's nothing they can do blah blah blah! Why on Earth do you want your car to pull either way? How will she know when it's pulling due to there being something wrong? Sure the pilot looks great but how is it safe for your car to pull to the right? The dealership has yet to do anything to help my mother and now they are not returning her calls.

Honda has put out a bulletin for the first 50 2010 pilots, they should RECALL ALL of them and fix this problem!

Bang for the Buck v2.0
By rockwea

2010 Honda Pilot EX-L 4dr SUV 4WD w/Rear Entertainment (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

Great driving vehicle, good 4WD performance, and great features. Seating very good, massive car audio(so many features), and good MPG for a 4WD suv are among some of the top features. Engine performance is good - I'm willing to take the hit on performance for MPG (especially today with $$ for fuel). Would recommend a Pilot and/or purchase another if I need to buy another vehicle. Purchased 2010 4WD EX-L w/RES in late May 2010 for $31,600 plus TTL (new 2011 pilot models were available, no diff in 2010 vs. 2011, that I found).

Good MPG for a 4WD SUV, drive 65mph and under and I get 24-26 MPG, drive 55-60 mph get 27 MPG. I'm willing to the

fit/finish - not true to typical honda quality. Rear 12 v accessory plug non-op, had to get it fixed at dealer. Should include 3rd row floor mat, must purchase sep.

Great SUV - Great for the Road
By MDG

2010 Honda Pilot Touring 4dr SUV w/Nav (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

Great SUV for Highway driving. We consistently get 22 MPG (wish it were better, but not bad for this size car). Great Nav system (negative is you have to pay for version upgrades). Good size interior to hall stuff, a MUST is the back area plastic cover. For me I got the full area cover (pricey at $300 - but worth it). Great hide away storage in the back - good for jumper cables, tools, trailer hitch, and other stuff. Rides great on the road and in town. Sound system could be better for this price - but lots of electronic toys to play with - a plus for me 110 volt outlet and Ipod connection that is integrated. I would recommend this car to anyone and would purchase it again.

Nav system 110 power outlet Ipod integrated connection hands free cell hide away in the back storage fold down thrid seat

Better Gas mileage (we get 22 hwy - should get better). Lower storage level giving more square footage for a load inside the back