2009 Honda Pilot Consumer Review: Wife's first Honda

2009 Honda Pilot - Consumer Review

LX 4dr SUV (3.5L V6 4x4 5-speed Automatic)

Wife's first Honda
By jimh on

2009 Honda Pilot LX 4dr SUV 4WD (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

We purchased our Honda in August 2008 and have put on nearly 10000 miles since owning it. We've not had any problems. We average nearly 24 miles on the highway and 18 in the city. The ride is comfortable, even in the second and third row seating. I am 6 foot and sat in both the second and third row. My wife loves the drive and the feel of the vehicle. All of the controls are in good placement for visual and ease of reach. The kids love the I-Pod hook up. My wife feels very safe in the vehicle, much better than the last SUV we owned. All around, very happy with the car. I do wish it came with the wiring harness for the towing, I had to purchase the connector/wiring harness from Honda.

Full time 4WD. Great in the snow. The ride is comfortable, I-Pod connection, the brakes work great, very safe feel, roomy third row, ease of putting the second/third row seats up/down,rear window entrance to the storage area, no need to always lift the tailgate, the unlock button lowers the window.

Driving on the highway with the back windows down you get a lot of wind noise / vibration. Having a wiring harness already connected, Honda already went the distance for the tow package, they should have completed it with the wiring harness. Running boards, it is pretty high for kids/elders.

Are you the author of this review?

Update Your Review