Used 2009 Honda Pilot Consumer Reviews - 198 Car Reviews | Edmunds

Consumer Reviews

2009 Honda Pilot

View reviews for a specific Pilot model:

Works 4 me
By father of 3

2009 Honda Pilot Touring 4dr SUV 4WD w/Nav, Rear Entertainment (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

Replaced BMW Z4. Needed a larger car for the 3girls. This one came with everything. DVD/Nav and all the trimmings. Drives nice(obv. not a Z4). I live a pretty active lifestyle and this car works 4 me.

nav/dvd . finish of the car. It just seems very well thought out. Electrical plugs were great thought

gas mileage 19.2.and I drive easy.

door locks
By rlc

2009 Honda Pilot EX-L 4dr SUV 4WD (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

Have had numerous problems with the locks on the doors. First it was on the rear cargo door. Had to be fixed 4 times, i had the car for 3 months. Now a year later and the lock on the rear driverside door is loose. when you drive the interior lights flash and a red car lights up on the console. Not safe when you are driving around children. This is my first honda, i've always owned a chevy. not thinking i'll buy another one.

Roomy but not too big

Overall build of the vehicle

Good Vehicle
By C Dolan

2009 Honda Pilot EX-L 4dr SUV 4WD (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

I bought my 2009 Pilot in January 2009. I enjoy the vehicle. Road noise could be less. Occasionally I can hear gas swishing in the tank on curvy drives, but not too often. Its very comfortable inside, the ride is standard for a SUV, not car like, but its fine. I live in the city of Boston, so most of my mileage is city driving. Disappointed with the gas mileage. I do about 90% city, I average about 14.5 per tank overall city/hwy. I installed a wood grain dash kit to cover cheap looking plastic dash. The radio buttons a bit busy but you get used to it.The pick up is good, no problems with the power. Overall I am happy with the Vehicle.

Flip up glass hatch in back, Third row AC/heating vents, Climate control system.

Gas Mileage, Road noise, Back up camera should be on display, not review mirror.

Good car
By dana

2009 Honda Pilot EX-L 4dr SUV 4WD (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

I have found this car to be very good for a family of 5. There is lots of room for when traveling. It fits both me and my husband I am 5 ft he is 6 ft. seats are comfortable and nice, seems to go well in the snow.

I love how it drives it seems very comfortable and sturdy.

I would make the driver be able to control all the windows when they are locked. Heated seat take time to warm up. Problems with water tube in the roof no leak but makes noise. Gas stinks but I new that when buying it.

Honda Pilot saved our lives
By jen

2009 Honda Pilot EX 4dr SUV 4WD (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

My two sons and I hit a tree going 60 mph on 684 in Westchester County, NY. We all walked away; the inside of the car stayed intact even though the front was demolished. I cannot say enough about the car.