Used 2009 Honda Pilot SUV Consumer Reviews - 198 Car Reviews | Edmunds

Consumer Reviews

2009 Honda Pilot SUV

View reviews for a specific Pilot model:

Road Noise and pulling to the right
By Fred Raven

2009 Honda Pilot SUV EX 4dr SUV (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

We have found the solution to the road noise and the problem with the SUV pulling to the right on our.The original tires were Goodyear and after changing them out to the Michelin Latitude tire the problem is now solved. Honda needs to think about replacing the Goodyear tire for the Michelin. It now drives like a charm!

Pulls to the Right
By Terencio Hongco

2009 Honda Pilot SUV EX 4dr SUV (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

My only problem with this vehicle is it pulls to the right when you're not holding the steering wheel. The dealership already made wheel alignment twice to no avail. Also,the material they used for the interior scratches easily - cheap plastic. But over all this is a nice and reliable vehicle so far.

Interior space,nice sound system

Honda should explain why this vehicle pulls to the right and they should use better material in the interior

Great car
By Ben

2009 Honda Pilot SUV EX 4dr SUV 4WD (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

We have had our Honda EX 4WD for a year and have put 30,000 miles on it. It is by far the best car I have ever owned from the standpoint of reliability, build quality, and just overall satisfaction. We use the 4WD in the sand and in the snow, and it performs perfectly. I have gotten as much as 23.5 mpg on a trip of 700+ miles, and that was driving around 70 mph for much of the way. The only problem we have had was with the remote keys which was corrected by the Dealer. This is my first Honda, but definitely won't be my last.

Comfortable ride on long trips, sound system, interior features, very reasonable maintenance cost

45,000 miles and still no problems
By BB

2009 Honda Pilot SUV Touring 4dr SUV w/Nav, Rear Entertainment (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

I'm not sure why the magazine writers do not get it with this SUV. Everyone that rides in my Pilot wants one. It is actually my work car, and I put over 30k on it a year. I'm averaging about 23 mpg with a mix of city and road driving. It is the most versatile, comfortable vehicle that I have ever owned. I grew up on many car lots and I have driven a lot of vehicles. This is the best SUV on the road. Honda stepped out with a design that people originally thought was ugly, but now is seen as boxy cool.

The entire interior and electronics are awesome. There are compartments everywhere. Rear view camera.

I added cross bars to the roof rack to improve the rugged look. Add a hybrid to the Pilot line at a respectable price.

2009 Honda Pilot
By Robert

2009 Honda Pilot SUV EX-L 4dr SUV w/Rear Entertainment (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

This our third Honda (2002 Accord & 2007 Odyssey), and the first time I have been disappointed. Don't get me wrong, this is a wholly capable vehicle; big, powerful, stylish, but it just doesn't move the meter for me. We have a family of 5, so room was one of primary reasons for getting the Odyssey in '07. In '09, the wife wanted to look 'cooler', so we got the Pilot. Other than 'cool points', the Pilot does not do anything the Odyssey can't. It has less room (something I wanted), but comparably equipped, costs more. If you want more functionality, get the Odyssey (respect the van!), if you want to look 'cool', then the Pilot is for you.

Rear entertainment system.

How about a USB port for I pods/MP3 players in addition to the aux jack so I can charge while I listen.