Used 2009 Honda Pilot SUV Consumer Reviews - 198 Car Reviews | Edmunds

Consumer Reviews

2009 Honda Pilot SUV

View reviews for a specific Pilot model:

Wife's first Honda
By jimh

2009 Honda Pilot SUV LX 4dr SUV 4WD (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

We purchased our Honda in August 2008 and have put on nearly 10000 miles since owning it. We've not had any problems. We average nearly 24 miles on the highway and 18 in the city. The ride is comfortable, even in the second and third row seating. I am 6 foot and sat in both the second and third row. My wife loves the drive and the feel of the vehicle. All of the controls are in good placement for visual and ease of reach. The kids love the I-Pod hook up. My wife feels very safe in the vehicle, much better than the last SUV we owned. All around, very happy with the car. I do wish it came with the wiring harness for the towing, I had to purchase the connector/wiring harness from Honda.

Full time 4WD. Great in the snow. The ride is comfortable, I-Pod connection, the brakes work great, very safe feel, roomy third row, ease of putting the second/third row seats up/down,rear window entrance to the storage area, no need to always lift the tailgate, the unlock button lowers the window.

Driving on the highway with the back windows down you get a lot of wind noise / vibration. Having a wiring harness already connected, Honda already went the distance for the tow package, they should have completed it with the wiring harness. Running boards, it is pretty high for kids/elders.

Great SUV!!!
By Suzz1234

2009 Honda Pilot SUV EX 4dr SUV (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

I am thrilled with my Pilot. I traded in my BMW X3 and I don't regret the decision for a second. I enjoyed the BMW driving experience but for twenty thousand dollars less, I have a roomy, comfortable, nice to drive SUV. Everyone in the family is able to ride in comfort. This is my second Honda (1987 CRX) and I expect this one to be as reliable as the first.

Great interior. Love all the storage compartments. The driving comfort is very nice. Easy to read controls.

I don't like the bluetooth. I had it installed before I picked up the Pilot and I expected it to be a better system.

Best vehicle ever owned
By very happy guy

2009 Honda Pilot SUV LX 4dr SUV (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

Every time I drive my pilot I enjoy the experience. The pilot is not the most powerful or the fastest stopping or the smoothest riding midsize but when you add everything up it is very capable and a beautiful vehicle. hwy mileage up to 26mpg- city 16mpg--it all depends on driving habits and conditions. I love the way it looks-- love the grille-love the way it drives. Some of the reviewers are not that impressed with the pilot but it is a vehicle that I love to see in my driveway. Most people pay more for a crv than I did for my pilot. Honda has hit a home run with the pilot. Absolutely trouble free- and hopefully it will stay that way!!!

Solid-smooth- beautiful--a pleasure to drive-more than adequate horsepower- nice motor

better radio reception

Not too proud of honda
By nunchuck

2009 Honda Pilot SUV EX-L 4dr SUV (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

After purchasing a 2009 Honda ex-l pilot I realize that the pre-wiring connection was a dummy connection. I am not able to connect a trailer wiring harness unless I purchase the expensive kit from Honda. The kit cost more than if I had bought the tow hitch separate and had it wired. I also found out splicing into the wiring voids the warranty. Then I learned that remote start is a problem. Turning the car off after remote start just to enter the car is the dumbest idea I ever heard. It is my understanding both of these feature was pre-figure to get you to come back to Honda. I just wonder what else have Honda done to steer you back to them. My first Honda and my last. Bad mistake of Honda.

I have no favorite features on this vehicle. Just realize I could have gotten more for my money if I had stuck with American made vehicle.

Not manipulating their customer and steering them back to Honda to make a dollar. This totally turned me off. Need more power and better braking.

Great Vehicle
By eric1949

2009 Honda Pilot SUV EX 4dr SUV 4WD (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

The Pilot has a smooth and quiet ride which was a bit of a surprise. Handling and braking are great. Although you won't win any drag races with the Pilot, the acceleration is more than adequate.

I actually enjoy the stereo system with its display. It is not that difficult to master the audio controls.

Gas mileage could be upped a tick; but this is a rather large and spacious vehicle.