Used 2009 Honda Pilot SUV Consumer Reviews - 198 Car Reviews | Edmunds

Consumer Reviews

2009 Honda Pilot SUV

View reviews for a specific Pilot model:

Good but far from perfect
By jack

2009 Honda Pilot SUV EX-L 4dr SUV (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

Very solid performance, smooth riding, good brake, good acceleration. However, I found the building quality is not so good.

Sound system, third row seats.

Use high quality plastic for the interior. Can do more to improve the storage components in the front seat. Make second seat adjustable. Fuel efficiency. Sun roof should be moved forward a little bit, or enlarge.

Love my 2009 Pilot
By ginnie

2009 Honda Pilot SUV Touring 4dr SUV w/Nav (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

We seriously considered several vehicles for 1-1/2 years before we made our purchase - the Highlander, Forerunner, Acadia, Enclave and the Outlook. Our main concern was a safe and comfortable vehicle to travel long distances and that got reasonable gas mileage for an SUV. The touring model ended up being our pick due to the Michelin tires. The sales people we encountered at all of the dealerships were not knowledgeable about the fact that there is a difference in the tires on the Touring and the EX and LX models. The Michelin tire on the Touring gave us a much quieter ride.

Love the navigation system which we didn't think we'd use. Also have enjoyed the comfort of the leather seats, hands free link, dual driver seat position recall and XM radio. We purchase new vehicles every 13-14 years and this is the first that has had all the bells and whistles so it's been fun.

None so far.

Pulls to the right!!!!
By Troy

2009 Honda Pilot SUV EX 4dr SUV (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

Our Pilot also pulls heavily to the right!!! This is very disappointing since it otherwise would be a great car.

Roomy. Interior quality.

Fix the drive alignment!!

Excellent Choice
By G-Man

2009 Honda Pilot SUV EX-L 4dr SUV 4WD (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

I strongly considered buying a GM product. Test drove the Pilot & I was sold. The deals Honda was offering were much better than GM. I have owned Hondas in the past and have been extremely satisfied with the reliability. The ride & acceleration are smooth. The seats are comfortable- front is roomy. Plenty of features- Honda put a lot of thought in this vehicle-mirror for viewing the backseats, MP3 jack, console with lots of room. Plenty of storage in the doors. Gas mileage is acceptable-could be better. I have zero complaints. One small drawback is the small cargo space if you are with more than 6 people in the car. However, we were able to take 7 people to the beach with room for our beach gear.

Comfort, Acceleration, Radio/CD/Satellite Radio, Back up camera, Reliability

Offer captains' chairs for 2nd row

Pull to the right?????
By Ben

2009 Honda Pilot SUV EX-L 4dr SUV w/Rear Entertainment (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

I've only had the car for three weeks and took it to back to the dealer because it was pulling heavily to the right. After I left it felt like nothing had been fixed and next time I had to ask my wife to take it back. The service people told her that there is nothing wrong with the car since Honda vehicles pull after a few seconds. This sounds like a big fat lie to me. Has this happened to anyone else?

None so far.

Large glove compartment, improve handling.