Used 2008 Honda Pilot Consumer Reviews - 98 Car Reviews | Edmunds

Consumer Reviews

2008 Honda Pilot

View reviews for a specific Pilot model:

2nd Excellent Pilot
By DG

2008 Honda Pilot EX-L 4dr SUV 4WD w/Navigation (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

Loved my 2005 pilot so much, that when the 2008 model offered side impact airbags, I bought it. I have been driving Honda pilots now for 5 years and have had absolutely 0 problems. Really. None. Extremely reliable. Roomy. Comfortable. Can see extremely well. If the Windows are down in the back without at least one of the front Windows being open a bit, there is an obnoxious vibrating noise from the back Windows.

Confident I am driving a safe vehicle..that also happens to be comfortable and reliable, and boosts awesome storage space, as well!

Fix the window/vibration noise issue. Gas estimates on sticker were way off. I average 14.8 mpg city. And 18 hwy.

Very safe - 2nd one
By ColoradoMom

2008 Honda Pilot EX 4dr SUV 4WD (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

I originally had a 05', but got t-boned at 50 mph and came out without a scratch. Needless to say, excellent in the safety category. I purchased a new 08' and really it's pretty similar. Love all the room, can haul a lot of large teenage boys and baseball equipment around. Cons are you can't have your windows down due to the vibrating noise; road noise could be better; and have a squeak in my dash when the road not perfect. Had it in several times to fix it, they keep telling me they found a pen in the dash. How many can they find in there. Not from me. Would like a iPod jack.

Roominess and power.

Make it so you can drive with the windows and sun roof open with out the vibrating noise. Can live with everything else.

Gas Guzzler
By manny

2008 Honda Pilot EX 4dr SUV (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

Not happy with gas mileage she gets 12 in the city and 18 on highway not what I expected from a Honda. Rear sub rattles sounds way to much, been in two others same thing. Seats are impossible to clean. Besides theses issues runs well no problems.

power

Better sub damping,real numbers on fuel mileage

Best SUV I've ever owned!
By hondalover15

2008 Honda Pilot EX-L 4dr SUV w/Rear Entertainment System (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

I love my Honda Pilot! It's reliable,comfortable,economical,the most reliable vehicle I have ever owned. Never, ever a moments trouble with this SUV. It's my 3rd Honda. I won't drive anything else. I expect a lot from my vehicle & this SUV delivers and more. Such a smooth ride, great for interstate driving. Handles well on snow and ice.

6 Disc DVD System, comfortable cloth seats, smooth ride. Interior is well made. Roomy, plenty of seating & beverage holders.

None, it's perfect.

I Love my Pilot!!
By Kim

2008 Honda Pilot Special Edition 4dr SUV (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

I upgraded from a 2005 CRV because my lease was up(we also had a baby on the way, and I am not a big fan of the new Pilots), and I could not be happier with this SUV. I am fairly short and with the 8 way power seat,it is very comfortable for me to drive. My biggest complaint is the lack of rear space when the 3rd row is up. It is also hard to get car seats in/out of the 3rd row. My husband would like for it to have a telescoping steering wheel and I wish the SE came standard w/a leather wrapped steering wheel. We will definitely consider buying this one when the lease is up next year.

The SE trim level is great.... power drivers seat, rear DVD system, sunroof...Lots of storage space and cup holders; easily accommodates my daughter's Britax car seat (and they are HUGE)

Telescoping and leather trimmed steering wheel; better rear cargo space with the 3rd row seat up; improved sound quality when listening to the DVD player through the car speakers