Used 2007 Honda Pilot Consumer Reviews - 165 Car Reviews | Edmunds

Consumer Reviews

2007 Honda Pilot

View reviews for a specific Pilot model:

Love It. And More.
By Jannellee

2007 Honda Pilot EX-L 4dr SUV w/Navigation (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

Just a Great Car. Great on Gas, Look, and Drives Awesome. The seating of 8 is comfortable. I get great mileage out of it Highway or Street. Comfy, Extras are nice. A bit Pricey, but he it's a HONDA and it holds great Value.

Navi, The Rear Camera, DVD, Heating Seats, 6 CD changer, Everything.

More goodies inside for your change, phone, laptop, and bluetooth.

Most reliable car we've owned
By JG

2007 Honda Pilot EX 4dr SUV (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

We've owned a Honda CRV then upgraded to a 2003 Pilot...Had numerous problems with the '03 after 6 months. Traded it in for an '07 and couldn't be happier. Gas mileage, eco mode, etc. great! Also hauls large trailers no problem. CONS: (1) area between console; very hard to clean! (2)outside noise - all of our Hondas had this issue! (3)Engine sensors can be too sensitive. - We've traveled across country w/this car and we felt absolutely safe knowing it was reliable. The '07 model is much nicer than the newer models. I would buy another one.

Eco, power, smooth ride.

Outside noise, especially on the highway and center console between seats. It's impossible to clean between there!

Great Car!
By hadcat

2007 Honda Pilot EX-L 4dr SUV 4WD w/Rear Entertainment System (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

I bought this 2007 Honda Pilot in January 2009. It had 37,000 miles on it. After doing much research (the most informative of which I found on Edmunds.com) I decided on this car. I have loved it! Reliable, comfortable, great storage space up front for purse and "stuff". I tracked my mileage for the first 6 months. Avg highway of 17 mpg. On a road trip, it goes up to 21. I would have liked higher highway mileage, but it's ok. I knew that going into it because of the reviews on Edmunds. The 3rd row seats are great for kids. It has been a fabulous car and I'm glad I bought it!

Roomy interior and comfortable. Drives very nicely. I would definitely buy another one!

The space between the drivers seat and the console is tight. If I drop a pen between the 2, I can't get my hand in between to grab it off the floor. An ipod connection would have been nice.

Excellent SUV
By SatisfiedOwner

2007 Honda Pilot EX 4dr SUV 4WD (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

The 2007 Pilot is very comfortable, has excellent performance and handling. It could use a little better heating and cooling controls for use between the front and rear areas. Also when the windows are all down the reverberation is so bad it just about takes your ears out. These two problems are minor and overall I would definitely buy another and would recommend it to anyone who wants a comfortable SUV with room for 8 and a good compromise between size and economy. I get about 18.5 to 19 back and forth to work and about 22mpg on the freeway with the cruise on 80mph. No larger than it is I would think that Honda could make the vehicle get 22 around town and about 25-26 on the highway.

Looks, comfort and handling.

Lengthen the body by 12" and make all of that behind the 3rd row seat when up for more storage space. Make the heat and AC controls more user friendly for use between front and rear seating areas.

Dashboard
By Dick

2007 Honda Pilot EX-L 4dr SUV 4WD w/Navigation (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

Recently acquired the car. Overall I like the car. What I do not like is the layout of some of the info on the dash control panel. The temp. is located with the mileage indicator. Need to reach around the steering wheel to put on. The clock is on the radio which is located by my knee. The heater has the temp. showing all the time. It is located in the middle of the control panel. This the least used info.

Balance the control panel to be more user friendly.