Used 2007 Honda Pilot Consumer Reviews - 165 Car Reviews | Edmunds

Consumer Reviews

2007 Honda Pilot

View reviews for a specific Pilot model:

Will be selling soon
By honda*not for me

2007 Honda Pilot EX-L 4dr SUV 4WD w/Rear Entertainment System (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

I have owned this car for 3 months. I am disappointed in the gas mileage. The car has rattles all over the place that we can't pinpoint. Seats are not very comfortable for long trips. I noticed yesterday how many chips are showing up in the paint--just from normal driving conditions. I sold a Buick Rendezvous for this vehicle and I wish I had kept my Buick.

DVD player

Headlights that come on automatically, power seat for passenger, memory seats, fix the rattles, and better quality paint job.

Love my honda
By sneace

2007 Honda Pilot EX-L 4dr SUV w/Navigation (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

I have 4 children but didn't want a mini van. Looked at every SUV and decided on this one. The 3rd row can even fit my 6'2" teenager son..

Love that the 3rd row folds down all the way. Rides so well on long trips..

little better gas mileage

Disappointing Pilot
By MikeNC

2007 Honda Pilot LX 4dr SUV (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

The controls for the 2007 Pilot are not very well designed. It is all too easy to turn the lights on (or off) when using the turn signal. On the other side of the steering wheel the wiper control lever is easily bumped when using the gear shift lever. Highway gas mileage averages around 20 mpg, not the stated 2 4mpg. Be prepared for a bit of price shock when it's time to replace the cabin air filter. The filter can only be removed by dropping the glove box and then removing 6 screws. Changing the filter for the first time requires cutting away a plastic bar. The cost to have the dealer replace the cabin air filter is upwards of $130 for parts and labor. I would not buy another Honda Pilot.

Comfortable ride, decent performance, rock-solid reliability.

Fix controls Improve gas mileage Improve handling Make cabin air filter easier to replace Make 1st row rear seats fold flat (or make them easily removed)

Great
By jrsummergal

2007 Honda Pilot EX-L 4dr SUV 4WD w/Navigation (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

I bought this car in December 10. I looked and looked and finally found one. I wanted white with leather and sun roof. I ended up with the navigation which I didn't really care for but it's nice to have. I wanted this car because I have 4 kids and needed the room. The cargo space is not to good for travel but we will get a carrier for the roof. I just took it to Arizona and it drove GREAT. I'm very happy. I looked at the Highlander but the Pilot seemed roomier the 3rd row seat was definitely more comfy. My 8 year old son sat in the back of both the Pilot and Highlander and definitely liked the Pilot better. We love our Pilot.

My favorite features are the heated front leather seats and sun roof.

I wish the back hatch split open (the window opened separately from the bottom portion. I believe the 2010 does this. I did a lot of research so everything I might not like I already knew so it was not a surprise.

No vents for 3rd row seating
By Steller

2007 Honda Pilot EX-L 4dr SUV 4WD (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

Not bad overall. Interior design looks good but not exactly user friendly. Honda completely forgot to vent air to the 3rd row of seating making it extremely hot for children in the summer. I say children because its not exactly designed for an adult to sit comfortably. I'm 5'11" and the shifter on the steering column hits my knee when you put it in 1st or 2nd gear which is typically not a problem unless you need to use four wheel drive. Having a difficult time reaching the potential 22 mpg as advertised for highway even though I'm slow on the accelerator and Sunday drivers often pass me. I average 18 mpg.

3rd row seating. Versatility. Safety Ratings