Used 2007 Honda Pilot SUV Consumer Reviews - 165 Car Reviews | Edmunds

Consumer Reviews

2007 Honda Pilot SUV

View reviews for a specific Pilot model:

02 Odyssey vs 07 Pilot
By tmock13

2007 Honda Pilot SUV EX-L 4dr SUV 4WD w/Navigation (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

I own a 02 Odyssey EXL and a 07 Pilot EXL. The family prefers the Odyssey overwhelmingly than the Pilot. The Pilot is nice when travelling alone or with the missus. The kids (I have two) constantly complains that it is too cramped and they're only three and five. The Odyssey just provides better value in terms of comfort, cargo room, and gas mileage. The Pilot is the vehicle I use to travel to work. On the weekends, it is strictly the Odyssey with the family.

The navigation system and the comfortable leather seats. The controls layout on the dash. Easy to use. For some strange reason with the Pilot, you can't have DVD system coupled with the NAVI like the current Odyssey. It's a family SUV so you should have an option for both. Where's IPod and bluetooth

This is not a 8 seat SUV as claimed. Maybe 4 seated reasonably comfortable. Useless third row seat which limits the cargo area. I always drive with the third row seats down. I wish the Pilot could be extended longer to provide my trunk space and legroom when the third row is use.

Just perfect for us!
By Cuadros family

2007 Honda Pilot SUV EX-L 4dr SUV w/Navigation (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

I did lots of research on this vehicle and its competitors, like the GMC Acadia, Mazda CX-9, Ford Explorer, etc. the Pilot was my best choice overall for interior quality, space and design. Honda's reputation superceeds most makes and reliability is something I am confident about. Well, except for the two loose tranny-to-subframe bolts which the dealer fixed about a month ago. We have three small boys in car seats and they all fit in the 2nd row, or two in the 3rd. with all the accessories, cherry color, $29,500 purchase price (best value for the money), safety features, confort, and reliabity, the Pilot has the whole family very happy. We are averaging 21 m/g city and highway.

Center console space, nite light, NAV with rear camera, LED dash display, 8 people seater.

Odometer/miliage bottom on the side of dash, hard to reach. bluetooth phone. Separate subwoofer volume control. Third row speakers.

Solid performer
By cbrunson1

2007 Honda Pilot SUV EX-L 4dr SUV (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

I've had my Pilot for 4 months and drive it mostly in town but took one extended 2,400 trip. We're very pleased so far. We've found excellent build quality and reliability. Mileage has been good; 18.7 in city and 24.8 on the highway (65+/-). I'm 6-1 and drove 14 hours one day and rode in the backback seat for 10 hours another day. The front seats are very comfortable for extended periods and the backback seat was better than I thought it would be. My wife loves the shifter because it frees up the console area. Steering and engine are great, ride is good, and after getting a good EOY deal, it was $8k less than the Acadia/Enclave I shopped. My insurance premiums are less than my old Passport.

Very comfortable interior, good headroom, smooth ride. Seats fold flat for cargo and fold and slide smoothly. Leather interior is supple but durable and comfortably firm. Plenty of storage space in the console area. Dead pedal is well placed and accel. pedal is agreeably resistant. Easy to drive.

I would like to see Honda install a telescoping steering column. Styling is pretty blocky and the opposite of sleek, though not unattractive. Looking forward to the 09 redesign and may trade if the new body looks good.

Glad I leased it
By NicknMadison

2007 Honda Pilot SUV EX-L 4dr SUV w/Rear Entertainment System (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

All in all this isn't a bad vehicle, just doesn't have a few of the things vehicles in this price range should have. Solid and great visibility but the kids much prefer the new Odyssey. We have given up on any American designed vehicle and the Big Three and are definately on our Never Buy list but Honda needs to step it up a bit for this vehicle. Basic items like auto door locks, auto headlights...and hey, where is the ipod jack? I leased this vehicle and will be glad to look at the redesigned in 2010.

Heated seats and mirrors, solid feel and good ride. Plenty of power and the "econo" mode provides good mpg. Great dealer service

Hey Honda, where is the back seat? You put in a plywood slab and a little foam. Kids hate it and no way any adult can feel comfortable back there for any distance. Where is the ipod connection?

Great SUV all around
By fabjudo

2007 Honda Pilot SUV EX-L 4dr SUV w/Rear Entertainment System (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

I bought the 07 Pilot EX-L RES in May 07. I have put about 12k miles so far and have been very please with the vehicle. Its comfortable, very agile (for an SUV)very surprised with the handling, not that scary feeling on the curves, very roomy. Not as good on gas as I tought but hey its an SUV. The only thing I would have liked is the ability to have both RES and Navi, power front pax seat and memory since both me and my wife drive the vehicle and its kind of anoying having to re- adjust everything, other than that I'll give it a 10 !!

Handling, satellite radio

Power pax seat and DVD and Navi together, also memory on the seats and mirrors.