Used 2006 Honda Pilot Consumer Reviews - 291 Car Reviews | Edmunds

Consumer Reviews

2006 Honda Pilot

View reviews for a specific Pilot model:

Finally, not a lemon!
By shallwechat

2006 Honda Pilot LX 4dr SUV (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

I traded in a 2006 Chevy Equinox with 2600 miles on it for this Pilot. My Equinox was a lemon. So totally different between the two! I am in heaven! I love my Pilot!

Interior design, smooth ride, quality of interior, good gas mileage, large cargo area, enough air conditioning to cool entire vehicle

Outside design could be a little bit jazzier.

Love it!
By Cheryl

2006 Honda Pilot EX 4dr SUV w/Rear Entertainment (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

I love my Pilot! The fact that it automatically goes into 4wheel drive is wonderful. I don't have to even think! I do wish it had the automatic headlights as my minivan had, but I've learned to turn them on. That's the ONLY complaint I have. I'd pick this one again!

The automatic four wheel drive is my favorite feature... well, that and the XM radio!

I'd like automatic headlights. Other than that, I can't think of a thing! A hidden child carseat option would be nice, but not necessary.

MDX or PILOT
By ULTRA

2006 Honda Pilot EX 4dr SUV 4WD w/Navigation (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

I purchased the Honda Pilot really wanting the MDX but after looking at the price tag realized the Pilot was a better option. Vehicle drives nicely and the interior design is comparable to most luxury SUV's. Seats feel great and the ride is similar to that of a car. I bought this vehicle for my growing family and because of the Honda name and reputation, I know this vehicle will last for many years.

Leather interior, Rear Camera, Nav system. Ride quality. Thirs row seating.

Bluetooth enabled. ipod aux jack. DVD and Nav system together. Voice recognition with the Nav needs a little improvement with identifying my voice. Shifter on the floor instead of the column. Rear view mirror diming system like the Acura

EX AWD NAV - A Good SUV
By BB Joon

2006 Honda Pilot EX 4dr SUV 4WD w/Navigation (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

FIRST My Warning to potential buyers: Dont get caught out by "MP3 and XM Sat- radio ready" What they mean by that is "the present system is upgradable" to have these features you have to pay an extra $1700. Now about the rest of the Honda Pilot: I reasearched the available options (Toyota Seqouia, Nissan Armada, Acura MDX, Mercedes ML-350) very carefully. Came to the conclusion that Pilot was the most logical/Optimal choice. After a month of driving it, I am glad I made the choice. I would not hesitate in recommending the same to others.

Its Performance, its handling and comfort levels. * Standard almost everything

* Really bad clock position. * Steering Wheel Audio and Cruise Control buttons are almost text book examples of bad ergonomic / functional design (they should have used the Odessey example instead) * Seriously poor gas economy * Needs larger or convex type wing mirrors (plenty of blind spots!!!)

Best for the price
By FLinFL

2006 Honda Pilot EX-L 4dr SUV (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

2wd with Variable Cylinder Management gave us 24 mpg avg on 2500 mile trip.Plenty of power and quiet at the same time. Had dealer install better tires(Bridgestone Dueler Alenza's). What a differance in ride,handling and quiet.Great driver.Great build quality.Check out the headliner!

Great stereo,storage and cup holders, full air bags and safety curtains,cargo space

always on power point, relocated shift lever,power passenger seat, telescopic steering wheel