Used 2005 Honda Pilot SUV Consumer Reviews - 389 Car Reviews | Edmunds

Consumer Reviews

2005 Honda Pilot SUV

View reviews for a specific Pilot model:

I Love This Car!!!
By Melan226

2005 Honda Pilot SUV EX 4WD 4dr SUV (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

I have wanted the Pilot for over a year now. My husband bought me one and I love this car. It is comfortable and fun to drive. Lots of room inside for the kids. So much comes standard on this car. My only complaint would be that I don't get that great of gas mileage. It said 17-22. I drive streets and only average about 13-14 mpg. WhenI do drive the freeway, I get good mileage. Everything I was looking for in a car.

6 disc in dash changer, 3rd row seat, comfort and color (sage brush pearl)

Better gas mileage

Am Happy
By Paul Gilbert

2005 Honda Pilot SUV EX 4WD 4dr SUV w/Leather (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

I replaced my '94 Cad Seville and '99 Honda CRV with an '05 Pilot EXL a few months ago. So far so good.Have paid more for cars but think this may be indeed the best car I've ever owned overall. It is quieter than the CRV although still noisy on certain road surfaces, and doesn't get the fuel economy the Seville did (25+ mpg on the highway with 91 octane vs about 21 with 89 for the Pilot so probably a push cost wise? But worse than the CRV overall for sure. Worth it though overall I think because it is quiet enough I can listen to the radio at highway speeds--not possible in the CRV--and a much more comfortable ride. Will be adding a Toyota Avalon to my "fleet" for reasons unimportant to you.

Expected Honda reliability. My 6 year old CRV was original except for recently replaced WW blades. I expect no less with the Pilot. Great visibility on the road because of it's height. Comfortable driving experience and adequate power for most of my needs for sure.

Road noise is still a problem with Honda's it seems. And styling isn't a high priority either. Overall I like the way Honda markets their cars with few options, but still am looking into a Toyota Avalon in the next few months to add to--not replace--my Pilot--for personal reasons.

Fantastic Auto
By steve blake

2005 Honda Pilot SUV EX 4WD 4dr SUV w/Leather, Navigation (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

The finest ride for a SUV. Comfort is excellent. A much finer auto than my Chrysler 300. I could not be more pleased with the selection we made for my wife.

Navigation system. Custom steering wheel and wood grain trim on the interior.

Less than 500 miles and a serious prblm
By huntersdl

2005 Honda Pilot SUV EX 4WD 4dr SUV (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

I love Hondas ... don't get me wrong... but I now believe the street rumors that they aren't as reliable as they used to be.... My story.. on the second day of ownership... less than 100 miles I start to brake but it is doing nothing... I press harder and the pedal goes down to the max and its just barely stopping... luckily no one was in front of me... finally stopped and tested it at the next light and it worked fine... 3 weeks later it happened to my wife and again lucky no one was in front... Called honda and they agreed with me in that they think it is the master Cylinder.... We will see if it fixes it but less than 500 miles and it does this? I'm optimistic it will be ok!

Good Room... quiet, comfy, good handling, decent pickup for a 4600 lb beast.

Compass, LCD interior lights, better tires, 2nd row seat that disappears totally like the 3rd, tweeters above the head..... and rear air above the head not in the middle... and a back window that rolls down.....

Gas mileage is terrible!
By L Lenell

2005 Honda Pilot SUV LX 4WD 4dr SUV (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

I like the car but can't afford the gas. We are paying about $80.00 a week for gas. I wish we had gone with the cr-v