Used 2005 Honda Pilot Consumer Reviews - 388 Car Reviews | Edmunds

Consumer Reviews

2005 Honda Pilot

View reviews for a specific Pilot model:

The best SUV and the best ROI in SUV's
By Shantnu Chaudhry

2005 Honda Pilot EX 4WD 4dr SUV w/Leather (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

This is the best value for money when it comes to families with kids who do not want to spend thru the roof for a very dependable, fun-to-drive, very reliable, reputed, solid SUV. With its all wheel drive, ABS, leather, and many other features, this is the best choice for feople who really do not care so much about the name.

Pickup, leather interior, sum/moon roof, ABS, AWD, 6 cd changer, heated seats, V6, 255 Hp, and many more

the space for the third row seats can be improved for leg space.

Fun and Functional SUV
By Dottie

2005 Honda Pilot EX 4WD 4dr SUV w/Leather, Rear Entertainment (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

We bought our Pilot to replace a Yukon XL. We test drove the Pilot and fell in love! The dealership was a breeze to do business with, we got an excellent deal. The ride of the Pilot is so smooth and the shifting of the vehicle is hardly noticable, huge plus from the Yukon. We have two children and they LOVE this SUV! Both have lots of room and seating choices...they DON'T have to sit by each other. The DVD system is a lifesaver on long roadtrips. We can't say enuf about our Pilot!

LOVE the sunroof and the fact that I control the DVD, the wireless headphones are nice too! The smooth shifting is wonderful as is the ride. The 9 cupholders is every mother's dream and all the cubbies are a plus also. We also like the consol design, easy to reach and use.

Would be nice to have seperate A/C- heater controls for the driver and passenger. The radio/DVD should be easier to master. Side airbags would be a HUGE improvement for this vehicle!!!! Improved fuel economy would be nice also, maybe a hybrid????

Its a keeper
By Weather Lady

2005 Honda Pilot EX 4WD 4dr SUV (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

We bought our Pilot about a year or so ago, and still love it. Its reliable, quiet, and comfortable. Only fault so far is with the seat control panel on the left side of driver's seat; we are on the 2nd replacement; seems that the movement of getting in/out knocks it off the seat. Just a minor thing, but an convenience.

Where to start? Great seating and leg room, especially with the 3rd row seating stowed away. Love the quick down/up feature on driver's window.

Do away with the 3rd row seating - unless you really have a large crew, it isn't necessary - make it an option!

Lovin my Pilot
By LASHAE

2005 Honda Pilot LX 4WD 4dr SUV (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

I purchased a Honda CR-V in October of 1998. I purchased the Honda because of its reputation and I needed more room for my 2 growing children. Well this year I decided to make a new purchase, I wanted to keep my CR-V because it was paid for but decided against it for personal reasons. So... I traded it in for my 2005 Honda Pilot. Best decision I have made thus far this year. I am totally satisfied with the Pilot and I plan to make Honda a family tradition for myself and my children. I never had a day of trouble from my CR-V, change the oil , brakes and tires and that was it, I was and am truely satisfied with Honda. Next time I am going to get fully loaded, leather seats, and navigation.!

3rd row seats, 3 point seat belts for everyone, extra storage in front between seats.

cant think of anything right now, I have owned my Pilot for 2 weeks.

I Love This Car!!!
By Melan226

2005 Honda Pilot EX 4WD 4dr SUV (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

I have wanted the Pilot for over a year now. My husband bought me one and I love this car. It is comfortable and fun to drive. Lots of room inside for the kids. So much comes standard on this car. My only complaint would be that I don't get that great of gas mileage. It said 17-22. I drive streets and only average about 13-14 mpg. WhenI do drive the freeway, I get good mileage. Everything I was looking for in a car.

6 disc in dash changer, 3rd row seat, comfort and color (sage brush pearl)

Better gas mileage