Used 2005 Honda Pilot Consumer Reviews - 388 Car Reviews | Edmunds

Consumer Reviews

2005 Honda Pilot

View reviews for a specific Pilot model:

The Best
By Bailla

2005 Honda Pilot EX 4WD 4dr SUV w/Leather (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

I enjoy the room that the pilot offers and it can seat 8 easily. I wish the towing capacity were a little better but the 2005 model has come along way. There is more horespower as well as a sunroof. I would recomend this vehicle to everyone.

The towing capacity could be more than 4500 pounds.

Honda pilot review by Alan Taylor.
By alan taylor

2005 Honda Pilot LX 4WD 4dr SUV (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

I checked just about every vehicle in this class. I ended up with the Pilot because it has room, good gas mileage, is well appointed inside and looks great. Faults are that the seat adjustment is primitive and the A/C needs constant adjustment for comfort. Also the second row of seats does not lie flat. It has a 4 ft width inside which is great for a sheet of plywood. I sometimes need to do this. I would prefer that the tailgate lie flat which it does not. Neither does any other car. Ride is smooth unlike some SUVs which are choppy. I added leather.

Overall and because I needed a car I bought this model. I have previously driven wagons and this is the closest I could get.

Make the second row of seats lie flat #1. Make the front seat adjustment easier to move and adjust. Make the well deeper and more useable. Lower the center console.

New Oilot
By philo

2005 Honda Pilot EX 4WD 4dr SUV w/Leather, Rear Entertainment (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

Car has fantastic pickup to the point I find myself frequently over the speed limit, yet handles more smoothly than most cars I've driven.

Be Your Own Pilot
By PMS

2005 Honda Pilot EX 4WD 4dr SUV w/Leather (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

The Pilot has it all...plenty of room, solid handling and great reliability. It handles just as easily as a car so those who don't like the typical truck handling of an SUV have nothing to worry about. It has met all of my expectations.

Value!!!
By Chris Mehler

2005 Honda Pilot EX 4WD 4dr SUV w/Leather, Rear Entertainment (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

I traded a 2002 BMW X5 for a 2005 Pilot EX with leather and DVD. The Pilot is everything the X5 was and then some. Great handling, performance, and ride. Way more comfortable than the Bimmer! Honda's technology is absolutely cutting edge without the price tag of the traditional high performance cars. Buy it today!

Comfort, sound, DVD, fuel economy

Automatic headlights and windshield wipers would be nice.