Used 2011 Honda Odyssey Consumer Reviews - 71 Car Reviews | Edmunds

Consumer Reviews

2011 Honda Odyssey

View reviews for a specific Odyssey model:

So far, so good.
By ody12

2011 Honda Odyssey EX-L 4dr Minivan (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

I traded in my 06 Volvo XC90, which was begining to exhibit some issues after it hit 100k miles (i.e. air conditioning going out TWICE), as well as having extremely expensive repair costs. While I am not completely in love with the current body style for the Odyssey, it is a very functional, well designed van. I am enjoying driving it. It's smooth and responsive in city traffic and feels as heavy as my Volvo. I am also finding it to be way more functional in terms of its interior layout for a family. The seats are as comfy as those in my Volvo. Fingers crossed that this vehicle will have far more long term durability than the Volvo.

Power liftgate and side doors, ability to lower windows on side doors; leather interior

Retractable side mirrors, turn signals on mirrors for all trim levels (not just touring); less plastic trim and more wood grain.

electrical problems with 2011 odyssey
By tcmichigan

2011 Honda Odyssey EX-L 4dr Minivan w/Rear Entertainment (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

I purchased the 2011 odyssey over the new sienna because of the ability to put 3 car seats across the middle seat.
I have owned the car for 2 months have havd 600 miles on it.
The low battery light has repeatedly come on.
I have brought it to the dealer and Honda states this is normal and caused by taking multiple short trips, which, in my opinion, is normal minivan operation in a suburban environment.
This is a common problem as reported on the internet (on edmunds forums and elsewhere) with many people reporting repeated visits to the dealership with no remedy from honda. Retrospectively, I should have purchased the Sienna. The car does have multiple nice interior features.

USB interface for IPOD with vehicle sound system.

fix electrical problems. stronger battery to handle demands of multiple electrical drawing features.

Absolutely Amazing!
By eilou

2011 Honda Odyssey Touring Elite 4dr Minivan (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

My wife and I decided to trade our 14.5 MPG Nissan Armada for this wonderful 26.0 Highway MPG living room on wheels! We purchased the Touring Elite in Smokey Topaz w/Truffle interior and it's beautiful. The overall performance is better than we expected and it's actually fun to drive. It's kind of funny that two people with no young kids are driving a minivan. It actually rides like a luxury car. The onle complaint we have however is there is something loose rolling back and forth as you make turns from left to right
in the dashboard, the dealer has already pulled the dash apart once and could not fix it. It's getting ready for round 2 a complete dashboard disassemble on Monday!

The six speed transmission is worth the upgrade it helps with the overall fuel economy.

The six speed transmission should be standard equipment on all models and even the upgraded stereo could still use more wattage. Also a little more driver legroom would be a very nice addition.

It's a LUXURY Car!
By sbinevv

2011 Honda Odyssey Touring Elite 4dr Minivan (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

Many owners are parents who looked for a minivan and liked the Odyssey's features. Our kids are grown, no grandkids yet, and I'm a businessman.
We wanted a luxury car that would seat up to 8 adult family members or haul bikes or kayaks inside it.
We got it all.
We relied on owner/reviewers in Edmunds who often mentioned "comfort," "quiet," "room," "ride" and "handling."
We bought the Touring Elite, but any model from EX-L up is a luxury car.
The truffle interior on ours is dark grey/brown that has a rich look but also will hide dirt and marks.
Every detail has been thought out and designed to be practical.
The amount of technology is incredible.
Chose it over Sienna and Enclave.

Comfortable seats, quiet inside, roominess in all three rows, audio/RES, blind spot indicator (Elite only), high MPG rating.

Air conditioned seats, AWD. Don't change anything else!

UNDRIVABLE DISASTER
By tturner201

2011 Honda Odyssey Touring 4dr Minivan (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

Drivers had to constantly fight the steering wheel.
The slightest breeze, curve or slope of the road pulled the steering wheel so hard no one would drive it far.
Honda acknowledged the problem, but stated they could not correct it.
I had to sell it at very high loss.

Great all around vehicle. Unbeatable flexibility, if all wheel drive was available.

Correct the power steering drivers must constantly fight against.