Used 2011 Honda Odyssey Consumer Reviews - 73 Car Reviews | Edmunds

Consumer Reviews

2011 Honda Odyssey

View reviews for a specific Odyssey model:

"MY ODY" Loving It!!!
By trron9

2011 Honda Odyssey EX-L 4dr Minivan w/Rear Entertainment (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

21 days ago I purchased a 2011 Ody EX-L, trading in a 2008 Ford Expedition EL that was getting 12 mpg. I did alot of research before making my purchase, I compared the Sienna, the Quest and the T & C. I decided on the Ody because of it's interior room, 3rd row is spacious. I like the look of the new Sienna better, but by far the Ody is the better van. The T & C has a nicer dash, as the Ody takes some getting use to. This is a fun vehicle to drive in 3 weeks I've racked up 2,200 miles, my wife and I took a trip to Branson, heavy rain all the way from KC, the Ody held the road well. Fit & finish a 9, the left rear panel sticks out. 26 mpg hwy 19.6 city combined. adding 20" rims, a guy thing!

The Ody is quite spacious, to adults sit comfortably in the front seats without touching shoulders, generous 2nd and 3rd row seating aswell. The radio controls are thoughtfully placed for easy use. The cool box helps keep drinks cold, which is a nice feature. From the key fob if you push the unlock button twice holding the unlock button a few more seconds all the windows and sunrooof open. The 15 cup holders is a plus. The back up camera is a useful tool and I love the radio controls on the steering wheel.

The Bluetooth need improving, I've had issues with 2 seperate handsets switching back and forth between Bluetooth and Handset Mode during phone calls, it's very frustrating!!! Also I'd improve the layout of the climate control, it's a bit awkward to use. If your thinking about installing a remote start, first know it's expensive from the dealer and it only comes with 1 key fob a 2nd FOB I was told would cost me another $159.00 programmed, also when using the remote start you must turn the vehicle off from the remote before you can unlock the doors. I purchased the back up sensors in addition to the back up camera, the camera works well, the sensors are a waste of money, there a joke!!!

Luxuary
By manu5

2011 Honda Odyssey Touring 4dr Minivan (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

We just bought and it drives and feels like a luxury car not like a minivan. I am glad I waited to buy the minivan. This is a great minivan. Turned away from Sienna since its interior looked very plastic and cheap.

Configurable second row seat. Multiple options to source the video for rear passengers. Agile driving. Quiter than previous models. Cooler box.110 volt outlet in the back.

No factory installed roof rack for Touring. That would have been nice. Reduce buttons please. GPS - ok. May be I have to get used to it. We keep missing turns as it says like second left rather than street name.

2011 Odyssey Still Has Front Brake Rotor Issues
By dustync

2011 Honda Odyssey EX 4dr Minivan (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

This is a Love - Hate Relationship... Love the Fuel Economy (31.9 mpg at 64 mph Hwy).
Hate that Honda actually advertised the fact that they "re-engineered" the Front Brake Rotors, yet at 11,850 miles, the Dealer (Honda Autopark in Cary,NC) replaced them due to "WARPING".
The very same issue I had with my 2007 Odyssey!

The front windshield had excessive distortion along a 5-6" band of the sides, so this was also replaced.
Several of the bolt together body parts, fenders,etc. do not line up well at all (assembly issues), but have not addressed that yet.

If you start having any vibration coming from the front-end of your Odyssey, have the brake rotors checked before 12,000 mile warranty.

The exterior design changes are long overdue, and appreciated. The ride is much better as well. The front seats are still, waaaay too small for a bigger (6', 250lb) guy like me. The Fuel mileage is unbelievable! If I set the cruise at 64 mph and drive from Raleigh to Wilson, NC., I get 31.9 mpg! Get a few Honks and Headlight Flashes from the aggressive drivers as well....but too bad, gas prices are crazy! The sound system with the hard-drive is great, but only able to record 18 CD's ??? Seriously? Now have 19,500 miles in 3-1/2 months (on the road everyday), the OEM tires are going fast, way too fast.

Lower riding height of vehicle somehow, hard for most people to get in and out of rear seating from ground level (especially older folks). Better OEM Tires, Bigger Front Seats... and Really, this time, Really Re-Engineer the Front Brake Rotors!

Amazing Van
By mrwhy300

2011 Honda Odyssey EX-L 4dr Minivan (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

We have replaced my wife's BMW 325i with the 2011 Odyssey EX-L for a few weeks but so far we are loving it.
Touring is nice but EX-L seems to offer the most for the buck. The interior quality is fine (not as great as Quest but far better than Sienna). The exterior is quite subjective. We got some compliments in the parking lot, mostly from younger couples.
My folks think the styling is too aggressive.
I think the lighting bolt design is just fine.

I wasn't so sure about our decision prior to the delivery (Quest is our second choice as its interior is so refined...) . However, once I received the Odyssey and have the time to look at the details and drive it often, I was pleasantly surprised by the quality of many little things (homelink, bluetooth phone system, nice big backup monitor on the dash, built-in hard drive for music). The wide mode 2nd row feature is useful. We have two full-size children car seat installed, and wife can sit comfortably in the middle, taking care of the 2year old and the two month old during the trips.

Handling, steering is not as "precise" as a performance car but it is definitely one of the best out of all vans out there I would say. Some people would say that is not important for a van but driving a van does not mean you need to give up the fun of driving. I saw reviews saying the handling of previous Odyssey is better than this latest one. I could not comment on that as I haven't tried the older versions. However, I can say it is definitely better than the latest Sienna, which was our first choice before Odyssey and Quest came out.

OMGosh
By believe

2011 Honda Odyssey EX 4dr Minivan (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

We've owned Hondas since the 70's. This is by far the nicest, smoothest riding, quietest, vehicle we have ever owned. There is no problem at all merging into traffic, and there are no blind spots. We love the little wing window, the sterio is so easy to use. I can drive all day in these comfy seats. So much room for storage.
I see where there are a few complaints with the exterior design, we find that funny. The exterior design, in our opinion is simply beautiful. Honestly, really take a good look at this van and compare it to others. I'll take this over the others in a heart beat.
My brother and his wife said it's like riding in a luxury car. We have to agree.
Drive one!

So many! I would have to say the ride and quietness of this vehicle. The ease of lowering the rear seats into the floor with just a pull of the strap. Effortless. The visibilty is great. The handling really makes it feel like your driving a luxury car. We just love the fit and finish. The dash colors are perfect (we chose the tafetta white with biege interior). The interior feels so open and bright. There is no problem in finding the right adjustment in your seat. Everything is so easy to access on the dash. Gotta love the shifter. Again, effortless. The van seems a tad lower, so much easier to enter. Let's not forget the mileage. In todays world it is so important to squeeze out the mpg.

none.....not a one.