Used 2011 Honda Odyssey Consumer Reviews - 71 Car Reviews | Edmunds

Consumer Reviews

2011 Honda Odyssey

View reviews for a specific Odyssey model:

Review after the first thousand miles
By afanasya

2011 Honda Odyssey EX-L 4dr Minivan (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

We decided on Odyssey over Sienna for the following reasons: 1. higher crash ratings for the front passenger; 2. usable middle seat in the second row; 3. more space in the third row; 4. the economy mode (3 or 4 cylinders) for the engine.
No mater what they say, coming from Toyota Camry, the road noise is definitely noticeable at high way speeds. I feel more comfortable with Toyota’s power train. Odyssey’s transmission on some occasion downshifts rough. Brakes are soft. For leather interior you get maybe 30% real leather on some parts of van’s seats and “man made materials” for the rest.
Still Odyssey looks like a good van so far and drives well.

In addition to mentioned above, drives like a car, easy steering

Road noise, real and better quality leather inside

Love the van but Hands Free Link is the WORST!
By uniforms

2011 Honda Odyssey Touring Elite 4dr Minivan (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

I've owned four Honda Odyssey's all Touring models.
I love this 2011 version but have traded it once thinking I just had a lemon.
Both 2011 Odyssey's drove well, and I loved every feature.
I never had a problem with using bluetooth with any previous Odysseys (last one was 2010).
Till this one.
First two weeks everything was fine, then the calls would go from the car to the phone and back to the car.
This was intermittent at first but then has become an ongoing problem.
Hands free link does confirm the problem but has yet to find a fix.
I bought the car from its introduction.
The 2nd one was bought this April.
I use an iPhone 4.
I would rather keep the iPhone than the car

Drive, Fuel economy, radio, nav.

Bluetooth, bluetooth, bluetooth! Keyless entry. Better use of the console. I miss the adjustablility of the old 2nd row. Wish they would give more options with that. Heated steering wheel. Overall the fit and finish does not seem as good as the older Odysseys. I think there is room for improvement there. Chrysler T & C actually offers more features and value now. I'm considering it strongly.

New Odyssey is Great
By irg

2011 Honda Odyssey LX 4dr Minivan (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

I had a 2008 EX model prior to this. This time, I leased the "base" model, as it was most affordable, and I didn't think I'd miss the power doors and a couple of other features. I do miss them, but not that much.

The overall appearance even on the LX model is nicer, more rugged appearance. Love the 17" wheels, even the LX model looks nicer than my old one. Brakes are noticeably better. I do like the controls on the old EX better.

Overall though, the feeling, responsiveness of this van is a step up from the old model.

Nice appearance, strong acceleration, good braking, roomy, affordable for the most part.

I wish the hvac system had larger controls. They're pretty small on the LX model. Radio controls also more complicated than they need to be.

Really happy with our Odyssey
By epguy

2011 Honda Odyssey EX-L 4dr Minivan (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

We have had our Odyssey for 5 months now and are even more pleased than the day we picked it up.

We just completed a 2900 mile road trip, in which it averaged 27.5 mpg for the entire trip.
Two tanks averaged 29, but were offset by one with alot of city driving.

We listened to books on tape.
Had the Garmin plugged into one power outlet in the dash and a dc to ac converter in the other so back seat riders could watch a movie on a laptop, which we ran thru the car's sound system.

It was hot, 98 degrees for much of the trip and the A/C had no trouble keeping the car cool.

We also love the tight turning radius.
It's very easy to manuver in parking lots.

Great highway mileage. Very convenient electronics--from bluetooth phone connections to power outlets to sound system interfaces. Tight turning radius. Comfortable seats.

None

Delivers on the Hype - Buy It!
By thegreatdane

2011 Honda Odyssey EX-L 4dr Minivan (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

Bought the E-XL on Memorial day and this review is based off 3000 miles, and one 700 mile trip to Ontario, including 2 adults, 2 children, and a Great Dane.
I am a tough critic and feel that this car delivers on most of its promises.
Driving 13 hours straight revealed some pros/cons.
On the pro side, it was great to see MPG at 27.6 for our trip.
In town, our mileage is closer to 18 mpg.
Handling was precise at any speed, even with torrential rain.
Cargo was amazing - Imagine a full grown Great Dane standing up, along with a weeks supply of clothes, food, and fishing gear.
Plenty of room to spare.
On the con side, visibility was good, not great.
Console has too many bells & whistles.

Remote doors and lift gate. Removable 2nd row seats. Hands free phone link.

Blindspot visibility. For most trips seat comfort is fine, for long hauls I felt it could be improved.