Used 2008 Honda Odyssey Consumer Reviews - 154 Car Reviews | Edmunds

Consumer Reviews

2008 Honda Odyssey

View reviews for a specific Odyssey model:

The Best Van You Can Get
By KenIL

2008 Honda Odyssey EX-L 4dr Minivan (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

I traded my 2000 Odyssey in for a 2008 EX-L and it's great. I test drove 2 of them to watch for things I found in other reviews (rattles, bad brakes, poor shifting, pulling to right, etc.) and the van is great. I drove the car over multiple rough RR crossings and it's as solid and quiet as you can get. The ride is nice & solid and everything looks and works exactly as it should. They made some nice improvements including better mileage with more horsepower. Nice work Honda.

Sunroof, XM, backup camera, iPod port, leather interior, triple climate control, interior configurations, deep & spacious trunk, middle seat windows that lower (new to us, 2000 model did not do this), multiple glove compartments, two 12-volt power ports, replacement of the spare in rear of car.

I think $4k for the nav & DVD system is a bit steep, plus no dealers in our area had any. I figure that with 10% of that I could get a portable nav system and portable DVD player and come out ahead. Would have been nice if the front cut-out for the fog lamps actually had fog lamps!

Happy owner
By alex

2008 Honda Odyssey EX-L 4dr Minivan w/Rear Entertainment (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

I recently traded an 06 Pilot for the 08 Odyssey EX-L, and I am very happy with my choice. The Pilot is probably one of the best mid-size SUV around, but with a growing family I wanted the versatility of a mini-van. I did a lot of research and I found that the Odyssey was the best bet for reliability. I find it to be very comfortable too, and the exterior styling beats the Sienna any day of the week.

Rear entertainment. Seat comfort.

Honda is the best

Laminate the Windows!
By familyman

2008 Honda Odyssey Touring 4dr Minivan (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

It's a nice van and gets decent mileage. Ride is a bit harsh and road and wind noise prevalent. Needs better insulation and laminate windows like the Buick Enclave and Chrysler Aspen, really does make a difference!

8 passenger, auto slide doors, power hatch, nav system, xm radio, rear entertainment system and gas mileage.

Laminate the Windows and add some insulation. Also get rid of the rattles and wind noise and add a power second row seat for kids to access 3rd row.

Nice but some wind noise and rattles
By delmartian

2008 Honda Odyssey Touring 4dr Minivan (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

Compared Enclave, Sienna and Odyssey. Enclave was very nice in ride, handling and quietness. The Honda had a nicer price with the rebate. It's a good people mover and the navigation system is very nice. The rear entrainment system is very nice but not intuitive really need to read the instruction manual. Using 0-20w Mobil One and averaging 18.7 around town with up to 30 mpg on the highway.

Mileage, people moving and cargo capacity.

Get rid of wind noise in front passenger window, suspect it's an exterior molding on B pillar that is loose. Leather seats could be more comfortable Tahoe leather seats were very comfortable. Also air conditioned seats would be nice. Power second row seats for ease of entry. Rid the car of rattles.

Honest Review
By HondaLoyalist

2008 Honda Odyssey LX 4dr Minivan (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

This is our sixth Honda, and third Honda minivan. The 2008 van is impressive in every way but one. The brakes are - (and I am not stretching the truth here) - the brakes are the worst brakes I've ever had on any vehicle be it car, van, truck, or bicycle! Took it back to the dealer and was told this was normal? Now if it were a faulty cup holder or other trivial item, I would have some tolerance, however I am almost afraid to drive this vehicle. It seems the vehicle quality from the Georgia factory is way below par for the Honda that I know (My 2002 van was built there too and had a huge list of problems).

Power, ride, styling, shift quality are all excellent

Fix the brakes - Fix the brakes - Fix the brakes