Used 2007 Honda Odyssey Minivan Consumer Reviews - 283 Car Reviews | Edmunds

Consumer Reviews

2007 Honda Odyssey Minivan

View reviews for a specific Odyssey model:

Second Honda that is really Bad
By SSS

2007 Honda Odyssey Minivan EX-L 4dr Minivan w/Rear Entertainment (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

Crack on Windshield within 18 months, Battery went dead with 12 months, One tire had to be replaced since it bulged a bit (paid >$200), dealer never accepted that it was manufacturing mistake, Feeling air flowing through vent even when A/C is off, Alignment gets messed up immediately after 2 weeks of aligning at the dealership (lots of wasted money), not a comfortable ride at all (My Honda Civic had similar problems too not the same, bought both at the same dealership). I really don't like driving Hondas anymore.

Everything except

Nothing But Problems
By Todd

2007 Honda Odyssey Minivan EX-L 4dr Minivan w/Nav, Rear Entertainment (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

Let me start off with saying that this is the first and last Honda that I will ever owned. The car shakes when the VCO light is on (3 cylinder mode). The car has been into the dealership for transmission updates to correct this problem. I had a VSA light on the dash and the dealership had to replace the VSA module at a cost of $1350.00 and the car is just 20 days out of warranty. Brake rotors had to be turned at 15,000 miles due to a wheel vibration. DVD monitor was defective right from the factory.This car has poor mpg at around 20 on the highway.

Interior design and styling.

Start with reliability and quality would be a start!

Good and Bad
By supernerd

2007 Honda Odyssey Minivan EX-L 4dr Minivan (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

I am very thankful that this vehicle has side curtain airbags for all 3 rows. My family experienced a major side impact accident and they worked beautifully. I'll only buy vehicles with side airbags for ALL 3 rows from now on. That being said, this has not been the best vehicle. We had the power steering go out twice which was not covered under regular warranty (thank goodness for the extended warranty). I also had the brake pedal go down to the floor once and nearly didn't stop us in time. That was fixed under recall. Also, we were lucky to get 14 mpg in town and the dealer told us that was normal. Great driving vehicle but with these type of issues I won't buy again.

BIG and roomy. Easy entry/exit from 3rd row.

Add backup sensors to all Odysseys. Have you seen how many people with Odysseys have scrapes and dings in their back bumper from hitting things??! Seriously, walk through a Target or WalMart parking lot and start looking. You'll be amazed! Also, Honda needs to SERIOUSLY improve city MPG.

Great on Gas!
By shwank

2007 Honda Odyssey Minivan EX-L 4dr Minivan (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

The ECO turns on and you know 3 cyls are firing! You're saving major on the gas! That's a big help on ANY trip! Capacity is awesome! and the versatility of moving the seats is great. We have 2 baby seats and can still seat 4! The rear storage is VERY practical! They even have hooks for grocery bags! Kids love it. I'm actually glad we didnt get the embedded rear entertainment - Kids get their own DVD players or we just sit one between the seats for a feature presentation! With plenty of storage and lots of room - I'm glad we went with Odyssey

Below floor board storage Quality of manufacture ECO feature (EXL) Removable center console/seat (2nd row) Turning radius Windshield view/driver positioning. 1st row center console folds to provide walkway to rear Versatile with many configurations!

Dash controls - make them easier! Arm rests for 1st/2nd row - easier to configure Seat memory for drivers seat. Cup holders out of rear of center console to be in front of 2nd row of seats.

Glad that I leased it
By Vernon

2007 Honda Odyssey Minivan EX-L 4dr Minivan (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

I leased the 2007 Odyssey EX-L due to the transmission issues that I've read in forums. Van was quiet for the first year, but on the 2 and 3rd year, I hear creaking noise when moving from a stopped position. Dealer fixed with silicon lubricant on doors, but it returned after 6 months. Steering pump reservoir had to be replaced, paid out of pocket as it was out of warranty. TMPS light up occasionally, steering wheel vibrations at 110-115 km/h. Honda says road force balancing, but no guarantee. Even with my snow tires its the same. No transmission issues but was part of the recall for two sw updates on the transmission. Brake rotors were warped at 30k, replaced with after market.

Lots of room, versatile utility van. Rides smooth.

Power tail gate, MP3 player, built in sunshade for the 3rd row. Allow for VSA to be turned on or off even with TPMS light is on.