Used 2007 Honda Odyssey Consumer Reviews - 285 Car Reviews | Edmunds

Consumer Reviews

2007 Honda Odyssey

View reviews for a specific Odyssey model:

GREED is NOT good. Honda reliability DOA
By labros

2007 Honda Odyssey EX-L 4dr Minivan w/Nav, Rear Entertainment (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

My first Honda was a 1973 Civic. I had many Hondas since and I loved the company for their well engineered, reliable cars. They taught Detroit a lesson. Now unfortunately they look more like how Detroit USED to be. I bought a new ODYSSEY in 2007 and I have been many times to the dealer for replacement of batteries (every year) to total loss of power steering at low to no speeds (still no recall from Honda for a known problem on thousands of vehicles). Several quality issues have made me not want to buy a Honda anymore. Corporate GREED is NOT good for the consumer or the shareholders. HONDA you should know better!

This is a well designed car. Ergonomics, overall design is great.

Quality, Quality, Quality.

Water leaks
By Zimmer

2007 Honda Odyssey EX-L 4dr Minivan (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

We use our EX-L for hauling bikes, Labrador retrievers and light cargo for home projects. We've taken the middle seats out and keep the rear seats folded down into the floor. Imagine my surprise today, when I accessed the compartment below the rear seats and found the carpet soaked with about 1/2 inch of water. I googled the problem and found that this is a common problem with the Odyssey and has been prevalent since 2001. My main complaint is that Honda knows of the problem but responds as if mine is the only case ever. Honda will lose me as a follow-up customer. I don't like dishonesty.

Nice car for touring

Water leaks/drain problems

Axle/Transmission/Steering - Bad
By Robert

2007 Honda Odyssey EX 4dr Minivan (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

Do not buy one of these. This will be the fifth time going to the dealership for repairs! The transmission, axles, wheels, steering, are poorly made. I will never buy another Honda again (unless they give me a huge amount of money to trade this minivan in for something else).

big acceleration

make it not break

Love Our Van
By woodjjgg

2007 Honda Odyssey EX-L 4dr Minivan (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

Bought this pre-owned, in April and have been very happy. Previously had a 2003 Windstar, coming from that van to one has been a blessing. The van is solid, drives wells, average on gas (16mpg city)(20 hwy). I actually want to drive even though it is a minivan.

Drives like a car, ease of use of all the features. Love the pwr doors and 2nd row screen shades.

Gas mileage.

Best Vehicle I Ever Owned!
By Brian

2007 Honda Odyssey EX-L 4dr Minivan w/Rear Entertainment (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

After own a 2 Dodge Caravan and replacing the 3 transmissions later it was time for a change. I drive a lot of miles in a day to go to and from work. All of the miles are highway. It is now Sept 2010 and the only thing I've had to do was general maintenance according to Honda's requirements. Tires, brakes and timing belt replacement were the most pricey repairs. Change the oil when required. I'm on my second set of brakes in 122,000 miles. Second set of tires. I'm 6'4" so I'm loving the higher ceiling and the leg room.

I'm 6'4" so I'm love the higher ceiling and the leg room. Great for road trips. Plenty of room and great seat configuration. Middle seats power windows. My fav addition was the MP3 line to control my I-Pod on my steering wheel and the subwoofer. Nice bright headlights!! Great acceleration. Moonroof

Make the MP3 connection a standard. Powered Lumbar control.