Used 2007 Honda Odyssey Minivan Consumer Reviews - 283 Car Reviews | Edmunds

Consumer Reviews

2007 Honda Odyssey Minivan

View reviews for a specific Odyssey model:

2nd Odyssey
By Minivan

2007 Honda Odyssey Minivan EX-L 4dr Minivan w/Nav, Rear Entertainment (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

My wife and I think the Honda Odyssey is the nicest car we have ever owned and plan on buying another one in a year or two. The only complaints we have are the difficulty of strapping oneself in with the seat belts as it seems to be too tight of a fit and we wish the second row seats folded into the floor as they do on the Dodge Caravan and other minivans. Minor complaints on an otherwise excellent car ! It's extremely quiet and comfortable to drive on the open highway. We love the rear view mirror and Navigational Aid which we use often. It has good get up and go when you need it. An overall excellent choice if you like minivans.

Rear view mirror and Navigational Aide.

Second row seats should be fold away as are the third row seats. Seat belts should be easier to latch into place.

Good Mini-Van, Poor GAS MILAGE
By Eitan

2007 Honda Odyssey Minivan EX-L 4dr Minivan (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

My Odyssey drives well, The driver seat is good and supports the driver's back (Driving a Toyota Sienna for few hours every day caused me back pain, the Odyssey is much better). Gas/mileage is poor 17 mixed city/hwy (40/60%), and 18.5 hwy. with or without Air, 70 mph, Driver only. My other vehicle is SUV with 4.5L engine, much heavier, with 340 Hp, does 14 city, and 19 Hwy. Sales sticker 19/26. Honda dealer found that the Gas/mileage is within spec. Another problem is the paint that peals of the bumpers. My 2004 Odyssey had a similar 3.5L Engine, but gas mileage was ~20 city/hwy

Drive well, a bit heavy, 8 seats (one for a child). Bluetooth should be standard feature, as it becomes mandatory in California.

Poor Gas/mileage. Noisy on the Hwy. below average breaking system - slow breaking, sometimes squeaking. Hard to see the back and the front when parking.

Underwhelmed, poor MPG
By src

We bought Odyssey after driving a 2001 Caravan to 138K miles. The Caravan rode better than the Odyssey and got better mileage. Sorry, but it's true. We've taken a couple of long road trips (3,000+ miles) and the Ody does well, but it does seem louder than it should be and the mileage is very poor. The "3 cylinder" fuel saving pitch is a joke. Why can't it beat my 2001 Caravan in MPG? I'm very disappointed in the mileage. My wife an I are Realtors in our 40s and she wanted navigation because the map books are becoming harder to read when getting around. We do like the navigation but it seems to be 2 or 3 years behind in the streets included. Most newer neighborhoods are not in the GPS.

Navigation, leather seats, interior space, appearance, handling.

Improve mileage.

Lies
By James

2007 Honda Odyssey Minivan EX-L 4dr Minivan w/Rear Entertainment (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

The Odyssey is a great van, but Honda has misrepresented its fuel economy. The window sticker indicated the van would average 19 city and 26 hwy for mpg. After 10,000 miles the best I've seen is 22 mpg on the hwy and my average fuel economy has been 17 to 18 mpg. I anticipated my average fuel economy would be 22.5 mpg when purchasing the van. The reduction to 18 will cost me $5,700 if I drive it for 150,000 miles at $4.00 a gallon. Can I suggest class action law suit?

DVD player, auto doors

Fuel economy, auto lift gate, MP3 connect

Terrible Mileage
By bflow

We've had our '07 Honda Odyssey EXL-RES for about 6 months. Like everyone else says, the MPG is horrible. In the third month, dealer had to "replace the fuse box" because the wipers would only work on high, brights would not work, and car alarm would not arm - major annoyances. The exterior and interior of the van are nice. The shifting is VERY uneven and like another poster said, is very pronounced when coasting. I never thought I would miss my Grand Caravan but I do.

Nice interior. Stowable seats

Fuel economy - the electronic valve control (?) is a joke. Shifting is very jerky.