Used 2007 Honda Odyssey Minivan Consumer Reviews - 285 Car Reviews | Edmunds

Consumer Reviews

2007 Honda Odyssey Minivan

View reviews for a specific Odyssey model:

Great family truckster
By Felix

2007 Honda Odyssey Minivan Touring 4dr Minivan w/Nav, Rear Entertainment (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

We bought our Odyssey primarily for long road trips. It's been fantastic. Plenty for room for everyone, no one complains about being cramped anymore. It's so comfortable inside that long drives are much less fatiguing. The main reason I picked the Honda is because of its great handling. It's seriously better than most SUVs and even some cars. There have been a lot of comments about the fuel economy. The vehicle is heavy, so its city mileage is poor. But on the highway with 6 people & 4 bikes on a hitch rack, I get 22 to 25 mpg on the highway. Better than my 4 door sedan with bikes on the roof! In summary, I'd recommend it to anyone looking for a minivan, especially if you like to drive!

Great handling, comfortable & roomy interior strong HVAC, good highway fuel economy, good navigation (that you can input while driving, unlike the nannying Toyota), easy to lower & raise 3rd row seats, no problems during 1st year of ownership.

Confusing entertainment controls (especially the rear), no DRLs (added to 2008), no AUX port for front passengers (also added to 2008), poor city fuel economy (it would be a terrible commuter car), very limited tire & tire service selection due to the run-flat PAX tires, road noise.

Perfect Van and Good Gas Mileage
By David Hitchcock

2007 Honda Odyssey Minivan Touring 4dr Minivan (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

I read several of the previous reviews and had to comment. I am surprised at how many Odyssey owners are so disappointed. I guess we are lucky. I think its perfect. The fuel economy is never going to be what the sticker says on any vehicle. We all bought the van because we had to haul multiple people. The more you haul, the heavier the van and the lower your fuel economy. Improve your driving habits, properly inflate your tires, etc. and you'll get better fuel economy. It drives smooth, handles well, strong engine, good looks, luxurious, and storage is great. I've driven Sienna, Grand Caravan, Uplander, Freestar, Sedona, SUVs in the last two years. Hands down winner is Odyssey.

We love everything it has.

2nd row seats that stow. Built in cooler. Remote engine and AC start so its comfy for the kids when you get in from the hot sun. A second dvd screen like in new Town and Country. Should offer a pearl white paint like Acura and top line Siennas. Running boards.

If it weren't for those PAX tires...
By John

2007 Honda Odyssey Minivan Touring 4dr Minivan (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

I put on 2000 miles a month. I get about 20 mpg in town, and 23-25 on the highway at 60-65. At 70-75 on the interstate, it's about 22 mpg. Nothing to complain about there. The car is more comfortable than the Grand Caravans I've owned, or than my son's 08 Sienna. The feel on the road is much better than the Sienna for me as a driver or passenger. I'll get about 35K on the PAX tires, and then I'll dump them and the rims. WheelMax has the replacements, and various Honda dealers online have the tire pressure sensors at $35 apiece. The whole switch will cost what new PAX tires would, and then anyone can repair/replace a blowout.

Comfort, solid feel.

Don't like the temp/mileage gauge on the speedo, would work better overhead, as in the Chrysler and Toyota vans. The 08 has memory exterior mirrors, the 07 doesn't.

I Still love it but and doubting it
By Wanda

2007 Honda Odyssey Minivan EX-L 4dr Minivan (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

This is my first minivan and I love it. It is also my first new car. I did a lot of research before I decided on this car wanted 8 passenger and roll down windows. I have been across the country and back yet in the last year i have also had 2 power steering pumps replaced, an O2 sensor and now its in for an odd noise around 40 mph. They have no idea what it is. I still love the inside features. Could use more outlets and compartments. But I think it still beats the Toyota out on interior feature.

Roll down rear windows seats 8

Transmission is jerky. After 40 thousand miles its real noisy and 2 outlets is just not enough. Tows 2000 lb with effort. AWD would be nice option

honda van
By charlie

2007 Honda Odyssey Minivan EX-L 4dr Minivan (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

I just traded my 07 van. The in town economy is 16 mpg. The road noise was more than my 02 [same van]. Highway economy, great [26 mpg] the van had 6500 miles when traded. Both bought new. Window sticker said 19 mpg in town