Used 2007 Honda Odyssey Consumer Reviews - 283 Car Reviews | Edmunds

Consumer Reviews

2007 Honda Odyssey

View reviews for a specific Odyssey model:

If it weren't for those PAX tires...
By John

2007 Honda Odyssey Touring 4dr Minivan (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

I put on 2000 miles a month. I get about 20 mpg in town, and 23-25 on the highway at 60-65. At 70-75 on the interstate, it's about 22 mpg. Nothing to complain about there. The car is more comfortable than the Grand Caravans I've owned, or than my son's 08 Sienna. The feel on the road is much better than the Sienna for me as a driver or passenger. I'll get about 35K on the PAX tires, and then I'll dump them and the rims. WheelMax has the replacements, and various Honda dealers online have the tire pressure sensors at $35 apiece. The whole switch will cost what new PAX tires would, and then anyone can repair/replace a blowout.

Comfort, solid feel.

Don't like the temp/mileage gauge on the speedo, would work better overhead, as in the Chrysler and Toyota vans. The 08 has memory exterior mirrors, the 07 doesn't.

I Still love it but and doubting it
By Wanda

2007 Honda Odyssey EX-L 4dr Minivan (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

This is my first minivan and I love it. It is also my first new car. I did a lot of research before I decided on this car wanted 8 passenger and roll down windows. I have been across the country and back yet in the last year i have also had 2 power steering pumps replaced, an O2 sensor and now its in for an odd noise around 40 mph. They have no idea what it is. I still love the inside features. Could use more outlets and compartments. But I think it still beats the Toyota out on interior feature.

Roll down rear windows seats 8

Transmission is jerky. After 40 thousand miles its real noisy and 2 outlets is just not enough. Tows 2000 lb with effort. AWD would be nice option

honda van
By charlie

2007 Honda Odyssey EX-L 4dr Minivan (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

I just traded my 07 van. The in town economy is 16 mpg. The road noise was more than my 02 [same van]. Highway economy, great [26 mpg] the van had 6500 miles when traded. Both bought new. Window sticker said 19 mpg in town

Nice van, a few problems
By shelly

2007 Honda Odyssey EX-L 4dr Minivan w/Nav, Rear Entertainment (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

I have mixed feelings about my Odyssey. I love the convenient features but I have had a few problems. We had vibrations/noise from the driver's side front area. After a second trip to the dealer it seems to be fixed. The steering column needed to be lubricated. I guess there is a "bulletin" out about this problem. Also, I had to have my rear bumper repainted because paint was peeling off! I had my front grill replaced due to a paint bubble. I hope this turns out to be a reliable vehicle after all these problems are worked out because I didn't expect this when purchasing a Honda at this price!

seating flexibility, all the creature comforts

Better quality from the factory! Simplify the heat/ac controls.

Better at hauling people than cargo
By marty

2007 Honda Odyssey EX 4dr Minivan (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

We love our Odyssey. It very comfortable, sportier to drive than you'd think and we expect it to last a long time. The third seat has proven comfortable for adults on a 1.5 hour ride. What it doesn't do so well is haul cargo. The cargo floor is not perfectly flat or smooth. This seems to be a trade off for the easy to fold third row, parts of the hinges stick up. It's impossible to slide things in and out and if you have to crawl in and get something you are sure to scream when you land a knee on one of the hard plastic hinges. Likewise there is a lot of exposed hardware in the floor around the middle row than can get knees, toes and fingers.

The engine and steering make this van very nice to drive - like a good sedan. Plenty of power even when loaded with six adults. We think it's quite inside on most pavement, though many reviews I read comment about road noise.

The third row seats are so easy to fold, I'd hate to give that up, but the exposed hinges are a problem. [We bought a Hatch bag brand cover for the back which helps, but is was more than $100.] Create some covers or mats for the middle row seat mounts in the floor.