Used 2006 Honda Odyssey Consumer Reviews - 316 Car Reviews | Edmunds

Consumer Reviews

2006 Honda Odyssey

View reviews for a specific Odyssey model:

What happened to Honda's reliability
By Tiff

2006 Honda Odyssey EX-L 4dr Minivan w/Entertainment (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

Bought this van to replace a worn out Chevy Venture that we had driven for over 7 years. We went with Honda for the 8-passenger option and the assumed reliability we've heard about Honda's hoping to make it another 7 years with this van. Within 7 days we started having issues: transmission catches, road vibrations, sliding door rattles and creaks, anti-lock brake noises. You name it. I am sorely disappointed that this will be my vehicle for the next 5-7 years, especially when I read all the other similar complaints about this vehicle. Who'd have thought a 1999 Chevy Venture would turn out to be my dream car?

All the features I like are simply features included on the upper model, nothing specific to Honda

Stand behind your product, Honda. There are enough of us out here with the same problems that you can't deny it's a Honda issue.

Too expensive to maintan
By tired of my honda va

2006 Honda Odyssey EX 4dr Minivan (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

I have to admit, I am terribly disappointed with the Honda Odyssey. Every trip to the dealer for BASIC maintenance is dreadful since I always walk out spending hundreds of dollars for some reason or the other. Definitely consider reviewing other vans before you decide to buy this one.

Nice Van but Misled on RunFlats
By Alicia

2006 Honda Odyssey Touring 4dr Minivan (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

I really had not had many complaints about my Honda Odyssey touring. Although last year we took it in and were told that the engine mounts had to be replaced. Walked out $1700 later. Never had to replace that part on any other car I had now with only 27k on my mileage I have to get new tires. Not bad if they were regular tires but no we were sold the run flats. No one told us that each tire would cost $350 plus labor. $1600 later and that does not include the part inside the tire that needs to be replaced after 4 yrs so each one is another $200. We are looking at $2300 to replace my tires. So mad. We are now looking at selling this van pretty quickly.

Now they have got rid of run flats but I think they need to compensate the people that paid $600 extra to have that feature.

Best people carrier there is
By txmom

2006 Honda Odyssey EX-L 4dr Minivan w/Entertainment (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

Drove Toyota, Chrysler and Nissan minivans before trying Honda's; as soon as we sat in an Odyssey, we were amazed at the quality and comfort of the interior. Carlike ride (plenty of power) convinced us. Ample space for kids, luggage, grandparents. I've fit 3 square bales of hay and 6 50-lb bags of feed into the back (with both kids comfortably seated!). VTEC engine is cool (and effective!). Keyless entry and sliding doors are a lifesaver. Kids like the dvd player, but the wireless headsets only worked once. Difficult to get into the 3rd row with child seats in the 2nd. Have replaced tires and battery once. Selling ours, only because we live on a rough unpaved road and need clearance.

sliding doors, keyless entry, dvd player, moon roof, high-quality leather, heated front seats, ample and flexible cargo space, amazing agility and oomph for such a big car, smooth ride, attractive exterior, ULEV status, in-floor storage (which we rarely used, but liked having!)

wireless headphones don't work, difficult accessing 3rd row seats with child seats in 2nd row (too hard to get kids in and out of 3rd row), road noise is annoying on long trips, moon roof controls are in an awkward location, heater takes some time to warm up the car, fuel door occasionally sticks

Love my Van
By Honda lover

2006 Honda Odyssey EX-L 4dr Minivan (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

I cannot understand all the complaints about the Odyssey. I previously had 2 different Chrysler vans and this Odyssey beats anything I had with Chrysler. I have had not brake problems, no tire troubles, nothing. I am religious about oil changes and routine mileage servicing. I would buy another Odyssey in a minute! Drives like a dream!

Captain seats in front with lumbar support.

Little bit more leg room in the middle sections would be helpful.