Used 2006 Honda Odyssey Consumer Reviews - 317 Car Reviews | Edmunds

Consumer Reviews

2006 Honda Odyssey

View reviews for a specific Odyssey model:

My Paint Blotchy Too
By Richard M.

2006 Honda Odyssey EX-L 4dr Minivan w/Entertainment, Navigation (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

I read a posting on 9/7/2006 about blotchy silver pearl paint on their Odyssey. I too have the same color and noticed the same thing on my van. Only when you view the van on a bright sunny day and at an angle that you can see the blotches. I also went back to the dealer to complain and they told me that it's very common with silver cars. They even showed me 3 other new vans on the lot and sure enough, they are all the same. But, I don't see the problem with my neighbors 2005 Sienna also in Silver. I am wondering if it has something to do with the pearls in the Honda paint. Otherwise I am very happy with the van. Wish that the gas mileage would be better, getting 17mpg city.

Nav, DVD, in floor storage and lazy susan, power sliding doors

HID headlight, coin holder, mp3 player, brighter steering wheel controls and power passenger seat.

Our 2nd Odyssey
By Love my 2nd Odyssey

2006 Honda Odyssey Touring 4dr Minivan w/Entertainment, Navigation (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

We had a 1999 Odyssey and loved it so much that when it was time for more features, we simply bought the 2006 Odyssey. I chose the black with tan leather interior--for a minivan, this is a very sporty combination, in my opinion. I love the reliability and all the convenience features. I shopped every SUV out there and couldn't find one that compared in terms of space, features and reliability.

Still love the auto sliding doors but now love the rear windows that open and especially the automatic lift gate (walk up to the car and it's open and waiting to load groceries, kids, whatever!

I somewhat like the table between the front seats but would rather have a console with storage and more places to store cell phone, loose change, etc.

Family fun
By EM

2006 Honda Odyssey EX 4dr Minivan (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

We have been driving this van for two weeks now, up from a 2004 Honda CRV. It is very roomy inside, the base model has all I want, the ride is very comfortable. The amount of cargo room is impressive because the floor is very low (the spare tire is under the middle seats) I tried the 2006 Sienna: downshifting from 5th to 4th was very noticeable, not on the Sienna. Other than that, they are very similar. Note: the van can accomodate only three child seats: two in the middle row, one at the center of the third row -- read my problem with hooks below. With a child seat in the third row, you cannot lower the widest portion (60%) of the third row, only the narrowest (40%).

Lots of space, including cargo. Very snazzy dials, makes daddy feel real special.

Design error re. 3rd row child seat hooks: there is only one pair of front hooks but three rear hooks. Worse, the center rear hook is not behind the seat but near the door lock. Thus the belt runs ACROSS THE CARGO SPACE, rendering it useless. I used one of the side rear hooks; not ideal but works.

Heads Up
By bob t

2006 Honda Odyssey Touring 4dr Minivan (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

At 25,000 miles my Michelin pax tires will need replacement in 5-7000 miles. Cost to replace is $225/tire. Cannot subtitute other rims or tires. Keep this in mind when puchasing the touring model.

Honda should get out of bed with Michelin and put on standard type tires where price competion exists.

Best Vehicle I have ever owned
By Andy

2006 Honda Odyssey EX-L 4dr Minivan (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

We bought our Odyssey about 4 months ago, at first the fuel mileage was a disappointment, but now we are getting almost 300 miles on a tank, in the city. I have a lead foot too... Last month someone backed a Tacoma Pickup into the Odyssey, it was shaking, went over to see the horrorible damage, not even one scratch! I even got the comments from friends about going over to a Minivan, but watched their jaws drop when I hit the gas and told them it has 244 horses. I didn't expect I would sneak the keys from my Wife on the weekends, but I just love the way it drives. When running around town in it, it's not a chore to drive it around like the SUV I drive for work.

The VCM fuel savings, Comfortable Leather Seats, Great AC, Middle seat used for Baby car seat.. an adult can sit on each side. Power sliding doors. Cargo room, I can carry a lot with the third row seats down.

Just needs auto on headlights for night, Auto shut off for interior lights, once you turn them on, they stay on, not good.