Used 2006 Honda Odyssey Consumer Reviews - 316 Car Reviews | Edmunds

Consumer Reviews

2006 Honda Odyssey

View reviews for a specific Odyssey model:

Honda Odyssey is excellent minivan
By Mom of 3

2006 Honda Odyssey EX-L 4dr Minivan w/Entertainment, Navigation (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

I researched and test drove every minivan on the market including the kia, Hyundai, dodge and toyota. I also spoke with many minivan owners. The features that were most important to me were the flexibility to configure the seats different ways because I have 3 small children in car seats. I also wanted a minivan that was somewhat luxurious as I was not thrilled about the necessity of buying a minivan. I am so pleased with the Honda. It is easy to drive, easy to maneuver the seats and I love it! We have made family trips and it has been great.

Magic middle seat, telescoping middle seats, sliding doors, Nav system with XM radio, back up camera and I love having leather seats.

I wish they offered auto lift gate, memory seats for different positions on the EXL and my husband wishes the auto dimming mirror was standard.

Seniors on the Go!
By Russ

2006 Honda Odyssey EX-L 4dr Minivan w/Entertainment, Navigation (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

We travel to our condo in Marco Island. After two years stuffed into our normal car we opted for minivan comfort, plus room for all items we carry on trips. Plus 3 couples can ride comfortably when going to dinner, the beach or bingo!! So move over for the Q-Tip crowd. Minivans are not just for the young !!!!

I have no sense of direction so the Navigation system is my favorite system. The SunRoof give the interior a light airy ambiance.

The exterior could use a little jazzing up !!

Almost perfect
By JB

2006 Honda Odyssey Touring 4dr Minivan w/Entertainment, Navigation (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

The drive is vantastic if you're not driving over choppy roads. Then the ride gets very noisy. I'm starting to think the Pax tires have something to do with this. Otherwise when riding on smooth surfaces it's equivalent to riding a Lexus or Mercedes sedan. Driver side sliding door had to be adjusted twice because of a noise it would make when taking off from a stop position. Sliding doors rattle a lot on choppy roads, more than I would expect for a vehicle costing 40K. Again may be the Pax tires. My decision to buy the Odyssey over Town & Country was the traction on wet roads. Test drove both on rainy days and Odyssey performed great, where the T&C was spinning it's wheels big time.

Entertainment system with removable remote control, XM radio, Tri-climate zone, adjustable peddles, parking sensors, Lazy Susan storage, power lift gate, heated seats, auto on headlights, bright display, no need for spare tire or jack, built in shades, power moon roof, cup holders galore.

Refine the ride on choppy roads. Even though I have VCM, mileage could be better.

not very impressed at all...
By choked

2006 Honda Odyssey EX-L 4dr Minivan w/Entertainment, Navigation (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

Bought this vehicle hoping that the build quality was better than your average van. Boy was I was wrong! Worst paint job (silver) I've ever seen, full of vertical dark spots. You actually can see how they sprayed the paint on vertically and uneven. Many plastic parts on the van did not fit together right, glove boxes are out of alignment, body rubber trim pieces do not seal, rattle noise from front passenger side, chrome grill was loose. I took the van back to the dealer and the answer I got was don't worry about if right now, you have 3 years warranty on it. What a joke. I took it home and fixed most of the misaligned plastic pieces myself. Should have bought a Toyota Sienna

Bright dvd screen, vcm, dash mounted shifter and dash layout and leather seating.

Security system LED barely visible from outside of the van, 3/4 hidden by dash light dimmer switch. Flip out rear windows, put the spare tire back in the floor, there's no shoulder room for passenger on that side, get rid of the obsolete door rails on the side of the van. HID headlights.

2006
By Barb

Great vehicle to drive and ride in. Had a large SUV previously and do not miss it plus there is more room in the Odyssey.

The ECO system to use only 3 cylinders when you don't need 6.

Pop out rear windows again. Cooled seats.