Used 2006 Honda Odyssey Consumer Reviews - 316 Car Reviews | Edmunds

Consumer Reviews

2006 Honda Odyssey

View reviews for a specific Odyssey model:

This Ain't Your Daddy's Van!
By cableguy06

2006 Honda Odyssey Touring 4dr Minivan w/Entertainment, Navigation (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

If you are looking for a van with a sporty ride and handling, sport car like acceleration and the reliability that can only co,e from Honda? Then this is your van. It is extremely roomy (far more than the Toyota Sienna and Chrysler vans) and has every creature comfort available. The NAV and DVD are must haves if you drive any distance with your children to visit family or travel for vacation.

The NAV, DVD, and steering wheel controls are excellent. The dash board computer information display is easy to use and extremely informative. Destination to Empty, Tire Pressure details for EACH tire, outside temperature, etc. is all very useful detail. The leather is very comfortable.

Turn signal side view mirrors and HID headlights would be a great touch. At this stage of the game, a bluetooth phone interface should come standard with the NAV.

An Odyssey indeed
By David

2006 Honda Odyssey EX-L 4dr Minivan w/Entertainment (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

We've actually owned two 2006 Odys in three months. We returned the first after four days due to the abysmal fit, finish and performance. Our second has proven to be not quite as bad but still not deserving of the Honda name. The MPG is terrible. 15 city with a light foot. The interior fit and finish is poor. The leather is cheap, the plastics even cheaper. It handles well, but plan on checking your tires' pressure every week, because two pounds high or low turns it into a ill-handling beast. Avoid gravel roads and high curbs at all costs, due to where Honda mounted the AC. The sliding doors get confused easily. Plenty of cup holders, airbags and fellow owners to commiserate with, though.

Many airbags and cup holders, Snappy performance, Good handling once you get the air pressure set correctly, Great resale value (proving PT Barnum was correct). The factory-backed extended warranty is cheap and necessary.

Honest MPG figures. Better interior material (the GM I traded in had better) Automatic headlights, door- locks. Power passenger seat. An AUX input for the stereo. Mesh front grill to protect the AC. Instruments visible w/o daytime lighting. A less harsh tranny. Better overall quality. control.

Love it!!!!!!!
By Mary

2006 Honda Odyssey LX 4dr Minivan (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

I traded in my 2006 Town & Country for the Honda EX-L. I paid $27,358 for the car and am very happy with the price. The sticker price was $31,390.00. There were only 3 new 2006 left and the dealer was running a special (can you believe a special on a Honda!) All 3 were sold that weekend! The car is very comfortable (I have had 8 people in it twice now). Very quite, a lot of pick up. No comparison to the town & country. Will keep this car for a long time.

all the storage and cup holders! Sunroof & leather seats. Does not feel like a mini van. Feels more like a luxury car.

none

Love My Van!
By Alice

2006 Honda Odyssey EX 4dr Minivan (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

I love almost everything about my Van. I wish the driving lights button could stay on without beeping when I open the door. My Husband thinks the seats are not very comfortable for long trips. I thought It was extremely comfortable.

My favorite thing is owning one of the best looking and safest vans around.

I would like for the doors to lock automatically and for the running lights to always be on while driving...without the beeping

Love our Ody!
By go beavs

2006 Honda Odyssey EX 4dr Minivan (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

Great van - fun to drive, very comfortable. I love the folding rear seats and extra 8th seat in the middle row. We can fit 8 people comfortably! I also love the power doors.

Adjustable arm rests on front seats.