Used 2005 Honda Odyssey Consumer Reviews - 474 Car Reviews | Edmunds

Consumer Reviews

2005 Honda Odyssey

View reviews for a specific Odyssey model:

Honda Odyssey Disappoints
By rfg

2005 Honda Odyssey Touring 4dr Minivan w/Entertainment, Navigation (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

I recently had a third child and my husband and I decided to take the plunge and get a mini-van. Since we have had an excellent experience with my 10 year old Accord we decided Honda would be the way to go for the Mini-Van. We purchased a used Odyssey with 50,000 miles. It was fully loaded and fully serviced from day one by the Honda dealer. After one month the air conditioning broke. $2000 to fix at the dealer. I just took it to the dealer because the power sliding door wasn't working. $400 to fix. When it was there they noticed the power steering wasn't working properly. $600 to replace the pump. All told I have now spent $3000 on repairs on this bastion of reliability.

Seats, space, built in Entertainment. This is an unreliable poorly built vehicle with no support from Honda though. Buyer be ware on this generation of Van. Previous generation had bad transmission problems. Maybe Honda just can't build a good van?

Stand by your products when you make something poorly. Better yet, don't make a poor product like this. I am shocked given my (and my family's) experience with Honda sedans. I have spent more on this vehicle in 300 miles than I spent on my Accord in 200K miles.

An incredible experience with ownership
By Charles Rosenbaum

2005 Honda Odyssey EX-L 4dr Minivan (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

The 2005 Honda odyssey is the very best vehicle that I have ever owned. The ride is unparalleled along with the many safety features. The fuel economy with this vehicle continues to go well beyond my expectations. I have had absolutely trouble free driving. Never a problem with my vehicle.

favorite features are: cruise control,fuel saver (eco light), sound system, radio cd and volume controls on steering wheel. moon roof climate control air conditioning and heat, and heated seats for cold climate.

Paragon Honda service and my 2005 odyssey appear to be perfect in every respect.Therefore, no improvement is necessary.

Odyssey - 5 years later
By Kim Virtanen

2005 Honda Odyssey EX-L 4dr Minivan w/Entertainment (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

With 142,000 miles on our '05 Odyssey, there's still quite a miles on the original brake pads and the original plugs are still firing fine, but our second set of tires are just about done. We've also had to have the fluids and filters replaced quite a few times. Otherwise; it fires up immediately, in hot or cold, wet or dry; and takes us in comfort to wherever we wish to roam. We're glad we decided against the Touring model with it's PAX run flat tires, but wish there was room for a full size spare. The only other nit to pick is the attachment of the plastic pieces around and under the front end. With mostly highway driving we average around 25 mpg - not bad for an 8 passenger vehicle!

Dash mounted shifter; great visibility handling as good as front wheel drive gets; more room than our Navigator with 10 more mpg and a more comfortable ride.

increase front ground clearance (watch the curbs when parking) adopt FCX clarity drive train (fuel cell with electric drive - rear wheel drive please.

Great Van
By Jim

2005 Honda Odyssey EX-L 4dr Minivan (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

First Honda ever purchased. Best vehicle ever owned. Over 100,000 miles and never been back to dealer for any problem. Still has original brake pads. Will buy another one.

Don't buy a honda with pax system tires
By Paxhater

Do not buy Honda. Me and my wife thought we were getting a quality minivan that would last forever, than the nightmare began. We got a blow out on the rear and found out only Honda dealerships could replace these pax tires and it cost about $325 for the one tire. Then after about 15,000 miles the front 2 were bald and those cost about 650. And you have to replace them you can't put any other tires on those rims. They will last maybe 15,000 miles before they are bald and you are forced to drive on snow covered roads with 3 children on bald tires because you can't afford to replace them. And the brakes are garbage and the yolk in the front suspension snapped and is rattling around.

Cool interior and exterior.

Pax tires are a crime against humanity. Not a reliable vehicle at all been nothing but problems for me and will be happy to trade in.